Zagreb Dance Center : Artists-in-Residence Program 2019
ZAGREB DANCE CENTER 2019 PUBLIC CALL FOR RESIDENCY PROPOSALS
Following the international contemporary trends and happenings in dance, Zagreb Dance Center opens its door to foreign artists and invites them to apply for its artists-in-residence program. We want to encourage new trends in artistic production and to cooperate on local, national and international level. We want to give the dance art the attention it deserves and to create a possibility for a dialogue with local and international artists.
Within this public call, Zagreb Dance Center will provide residency in the duration of one week for two groups of no more than five artists.
The residency includes:
* Rehearsal space
* Space for other purposes (dressing room, internet, kitchen, space for meetings)
* Technical support
* Organizational help
* Free morning classes and workshops, and free admission to other programs in the Center.
Foreign residents are expected to:
* Cover the cost of per diem (food)
* Cover the cost of travel to Zagreb
* Make a presentation of their work at the end of the residence
* Include Zagreb Dance Center logo in their printed and digital promotional materials
* Mention their cooperation with Zagreb Dance Center in interviews, media announcements, printed and digital materials.
The programs will be selected by the following criteria:
* fully completed and duly sent application
* the quality of the applied project concept, the relevance of its theme, innovativeness and investigative approach
* professional experience of the author and team members; the author’s education in dance art and participation in international projects
* no more than five artists included in the project.
Results of the public call will be announced on September 10th, 2018 on this web page.
Please find application form at the bottom of this page.
Incomplete applications or applications sent after the deadline will not be taken into consideration.
AIMS OF THE ZAGREB DANCE CENTER ARTISTS-IN-RESIDENCE PROGRAM FOR FOREIGN DANCE ARTISTS
To provide adequate working and performing conditions, for the purpose of establishing cooperation on local, national and international level
To implement activities and programs which reflect contemporary trends and happenings in dance
To encourage new trends in artistic production
To strengthen the interaction between dance scene and cultural public by supporting different innovative initiatives, advocating diversity and plurality of artistic visions, and motivating artists, audience and the public for a joint investigation and analysis of choreographic and other dance concepts
To establish Zagreb Dance Center as one of the most important places for promotion and fostering of contemporary dance, and its positioning within today’s art in Zagreb, Croatia and Europe
To educate the audience about contemporary dance through the talks which are a part of the audience development program, and to raise awareness and appreciation of contemporary dance amongst the general public.
Larger audience and bigger interest in dance art
Stronger connection with independent dance organizations and professionals on local and international level, which means more cooperations
Recognizability of Zagreb Dance Center as a unique place in Croatia which fosters contemporary dance
More reviews and articles about dance and dance performances in the media (print and digital)
Dialogue with artists on local and international level, and between artists and general public.
Deadline for application is August 27, 2018.