Whitney Museum of American Art : Project Manager, Graphic Design
A full-time, temporary position is available in the Graphic Design Department for a project manager. The Graphic Design department develops and maintains the Whitney’s brand and graphic identity. Through the various materials that are produced with the institution’s graphic language (including advertising, promotional materials, signage, invitations, branded merchandise, mass mailings, publications, as well as whitney.org and other multimedia initiatives), this department both communicates the Museum’s positioning while continually serving to distinguish the Whitney within the cultural landscape of New York and beyond. The position will last for approximately six months.
- Manage the workflow and project schedule for a department of five designers
- Field incoming requests from all other departments throughout the institution, generate and communicate deadlines for those projects, monitor the projects to keep them on schedule, and support archiving the projects once they are complete
- Support the working process of the design team through additional administrative tasks such as: setting up and helping facilitate meetings, taking and distributing meeting notes, ordering departmental supplies, light copyediting, helping identify new logistical tools and working processes to promote efficiency within the department and in working relationship with other departments, etc.
- Minimum of three years’ experience as a project manager within a design-focused environment
- Strong attention to detail and understanding of the design process
- Outstanding communication and writing skills
- An appreciation for design and art
- Familiarity with Google Sheets, Microsoft Outlook, and Slack
- Ability to start the position at the beginning of August