Wellcome Collection: Collections Development Librarian
Are you a creative and adventurous thinker who has an innovative and proactive attitude towards collections development, with experience of library management systems?
The Collections Development Team at Wellcome Collection is looking for a talented individual to join them as a Collections Development Librarian.
The team take a holistic view of Wellcome’s collections, making collection development decisions based on knowledge and understanding of the whole. They savour a diverse mix of collecting activity, ranging from managing large scale strategic initiatives to negotiating the purchase of a single rare item or the donation of a historically significant archive.
The successful candidate will play a key role in developing collections that contain a diverse range of voices to challenge how we all think and feel about health.
To be successful in this role, you will have;
- Excellent understanding of the main issues relating to the acquisition, management and disposal of printed and published materials, including serial publications.
- Ability to work flexibly across other types of material, such as archives, visual or moving image & sound.
- Experience of working with library management systems.
- Excellent knowledge of sectoral theory relating to collections development and experience of putting this into practice.
- Ability to develop and manage a wide range of complex stakeholder relationships.
To find out more, please click here to view the full Job Description
Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at Wellcome. We are committed to cultivating a fair and healthy environment, where everyone can be themselves and thrive. We are happy to discuss flexible working options for all roles. We work to ensure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible to everyone. This includes making adjustments for people who have a disability or long-term condition. If you would like us to make adjustments during the application process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Salary: Circa £38,000
Applications to be received by 1159pm on 16-Feb-2020