Transformer Station Gallery Attendant:
Schedule: Wednesday–Sunday, 11am–5pm
Start Date: January 21 or 22, 2022
Location 1460 West 29th Street, Cleveland, OH 44113, USA
Transformer Station and FRONT International: Cleveland Triennial for Contemporary Art: Opened in 2013, Transformer Station is a private contemporary art museum owned and operated by the Fred and Laura Ruth Bidwell Foundation. Through a partnership with Cleveland Museum of Art, CMA programs two exhibitions at Transformer Station every year. Launched in 2018, FRONT International: Cleveland Triennial for Contemporary Art is a contemporary art exhibition across Northeast Ohio comprised of artist commissions, performances, films, and public programs that takes place across Cleveland, Akron, and Oberlin every three years (delayed from 2021, FRONT 2022 will run from July 16–October 2, 2022). Transformer Station is a partner of FRONT and shares offices, management, and staff.
- Responsible for opening and closing of the museum
- Greet visitors/provide general visitor service about Transformer Station, FRONT, and the surrounding neighborhood
- Answer phone and check voicemail/forward messages
- Daily building & facilities checks/light housekeeping duties
- Maintain gallery attendance spreadsheet
- Lead informal tours for visitors as requested
- Run and process sales for museum merch and memberships
- Other tasks as assigned
To Apply: Please send a resume and cover letter to Allison Smith, Gallery Manager, email@example.com.