The Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation: Part-Time Membership Sales Assistant
The Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation is seeking a part-time Membership Sales Assistant. This is a part-time positon with approximately twenty-four hour weeks. As part of the Membership team, the part-time Membership Sales Assistant is responsible for front line support and day-to-day interaction with former, past and prospective members on-site at the membership desk.
Founded in 1937, the Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation is dedicated to promoting the understanding and appreciation of art, primarily of the modern and contemporary periods, through exhibitions, education programs, research initiatives, and publications. The Guggenheim network that began in the 1970s when the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, New York, was joined by the Peggy Guggenheim Collection, Venice, has since expanded to include the Guggenheim Museum Bilbao (opened 1997) and the Guggenheim Abu Dhabi (currently in development). Looking to the future, the Guggenheim Foundation continues to forge international collaborations that take contemporary art, architecture, and design beyond the walls of the museum. More information about the foundation can be found at guggenheim.org.
- Provide top tier customer services to members and visitors of the Museum by interacting in a professional and friendly manner at all times while maintaining a tidy work area.
- Perform daily operations of the Membership Desk following standard procedures.
- Communicate with other front line staff regarding special admission promotions, membership initiatives, discounts, museum programming, etc.
- Serve as a resource on museum-wide programming, events, tours, etc. and attend tours and/or multimedia guide tours to better understand the Museum’s exhibition offerings.
- Assist in the inventory tracking of onsite membership materials, including incentives, brochures and temporary cards, etc.
- Attend and supports Membership events as needed.
- Work collaboratively with members of the Membership team to achieve annual fundraising goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- 1-3 years’ experience in a related environment with a focus on customer service.
- Strong computer skills required (Microsoft Office Suite).
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills; ability to interact with a range of donors and prospects.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to plan and execute multiple concurrent tasks.
- Ideal candidate is personable, highly organized, detail-oriented, and works collaboratively.
The Guggenheim offers access to a variety of cultural institutions, discounts to museum stores, and a stimulating and collegial work environment.
The Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, visit: https://theapplicantmanager.com/jobs?pos=NY214