The Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation: Manager, Individual Development
The Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation is seeking a Manager, Individual Development. As a member of the Individual Development Department, the Manager, Individual Development develops and administers Premium Memberships and fundraising initiatives, as well as manages a portfolio of prospects and donors.
Founded in 1937, the Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation is dedicated to promoting the understanding and appreciation of art, primarily of the modern and contemporary periods, through exhibitions, education programs, research initiatives, and publications. The Guggenheim network that began in the 1970s when the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, New York, was joined by the Peggy Guggenheim Collection, Venice, has since expanded to include the Guggenheim Museum Bilbao (opened 1997) and the Guggenheim Abu Dhabi (currently in development). Looking to the future, the Guggenheim Foundation continues to forge international collaborations that take contemporary art, architecture, and design beyond the walls of the museum. More information about the foundation can be found at guggenheim.org.
This position has joint supervision of an Associate and interns.
- Design, oversee, and effectively implement strategy and program for Premium Membership groups including the Patrons Circle and Young Collectors Council (YCC).
- Identify and encourage innovative and creative approaches for building Patrons Circle and YCC programs, upgrading members from lower levels, designing prospecting initiatives, and collaborating with other departments in the museum.
- Oversee a growing portfolio of new and existing donors for increased revenue generation.
- Working closely with the Curatorial Department, design and manage dynamic Patrons Circle and YCC events and oversee a calendar of events intended to engage and steward members and donors.
- Working closely with the Special Events Department, implement the annual Young Collectors Party, a fundraising benefit to raise awareness and support for growing the museum’s collection.
- Oversee domestic travel programs for the Patrons Circle.
- Develop all collateral messaging to Patrons Circle and YCC supporters and prospects. Draft and edit direct marketing materials in collaboration with the Membership and Marketing Departments.
- Create, track, and report on Patrons Circle and YCC-level revenue and expenses. Work with outside consultants, Development Operations, and IT staff on data input and reporting.
- Create and analyze reports in order to make data-driven decisions.
- Work closely with volunteer leadership for each group.
Qualifications and Requirements
- BA degree; MA in a related field desirable.
- 4-7 years fundraising experience in an arts-related environment, preferably with a focus on membership programs and/or individual support.
- Excellent relationship management skills.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills; ability to interact with a range of donors and prospects in person, over the phone, and via email.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to plan and execute multiple concurrent projects and events.
- Demonstrated exposure and commitment to the art and arts philanthropy worlds and the ability to network within them.
- Measurable track record and demonstrated success in membership and direct marketing experience.
- Budget and financial management experience.
- Experience using social media sites a plus.
- Excellent computer skills required; database and Raiser’s Edge experience.
- Ideal candidate is personable, highly organized, detail-oriented, and works collaboratively.
The Guggenheim offers a competitive salary and excellent medical, dental, life, disability, and retirement plan coverage. Our staff also enjoys generous vacation, sick leave and personal days, access to a variety of cultural institutions, discounts to museum stores, and a stimulating and collegial work environment. The Guggenheim is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, visit: https://theapplicantmanager.com/jobs?pos=NY203