The Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation: Associate Producer, Interactive
As a member of the Interactive Department, the Associate Producer, Interactive works under the supervision of the Associate Director, Interactive to maintain, extend, and enhance the content of the museum website and related platforms. This position works on multiple projects concurrently—including daily website content entry, content research and proposals, content trafficking and approval management, and project management—and enjoys collaborating with other roles within the department and with a wide range of non-Interactive department stakeholders throughout the museum. Thrives on a sense of ownership and takes pride in maintaining and enhancing the website from idea through QA.
- Responsible for updates and development of content on Guggenheim.org, responding to content requests from throughout the organization and proactively suggesting changes. Ensure accurate, timely, and appropriate content is populated throughout the site. Responsibilities include daily updates and longer-term enhancement projects.
- Project manage content lifecycle in collaboration with Associate Director, Interactive and designees from other departments. Procure content in all formats (text, video, images, etc.) and route for stakeholder input and approval. Enter content into website and related platforms using Content Management System (CMS) or similar tools.
- Perform image production, working closely with the stakeholders throughout the museum to ensure images are in accordance with established guidelines.
- Serve as lead content and project manager for the digital events calendar
- Provide Quality Assurance (QA) support for website updates, including new features, upgrades to existing features, and bug fixes.
- Support analysis of user behavior, using Google Analytics and other tools, under the direction of department managers.
- Work with the Associate Director, Interactive to create, maintain, and improve departmental workflows, policies, procedures, and documentation.
- Along with other members of the Interactive team, help to educate stakeholders on web trends and strive to implement digital best practices, including accessibility, user experience, and writing for web.
- Additional tasks duties to support the department, as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
- BA or BS degree and 2-4 years of experience in digital content production, and/or project management for visual arts, museums, cultural organizations, or related field.
- Proficiency with content management systems (WordPress preferred). Ability to hand-code HTML into a CMS and understanding of CSS a plus.
- Experience with image production (Photoshop preferred), including light retouching, cropping, and compression methodologies.
- A self-starter who demonstrates a high sense of ownership and can work independently, provides accurate work estimates, and manages timelines across multiple projects. Thrives in a fast-paced, multi-project environment with many stakeholders.
- Sensitivity to design and editorial concerns, including the ability to develop expertise in Guggenheim house styles and understanding of when to consult with editors and designers within the context of regular updates and special projects.
- Familiarity with project management principles, including creating and managing of schedules.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and a natural collaborator who enjoys working closely with different disciplines to problem-solve and create superior digital experiences.
- Familiarity with Project Management tools (Basecamp, JIRA a plus), Google Docs, Google Analytics, video and audio files and metadata, Microsoft Office Suite, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience with art museums or galleries preferred, previous non-profit experience and experience working with event calendars a bonus.
The Guggenheim offers a competitive salary and excellent medical, dental, life, disability, and retirement plan coverage. Our staff also enjoys generous vacation, sick leave and personal days, access to a variety of cultural institutions, discounts to museum stores, and a stimulating and collegial work environment.
The Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, visit: https://theapplicantmanager.com/jobs?pos=NY217