The Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation: Associate Manager, Individual Development
The Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation is seeking an Associate Manager in our Individual Development Department. The Associate Manager will support the operations, fundraising and donor relations connected with Major Gifts and Campaign, with a special emphasis on exhibitions, education programming and conservation. This is an excellent opportunity to learn and grow for anyone seeking a career in Individual Development.
Founded in 1937, the Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation is dedicated to promoting the understanding and appreciation of art, architecture, and other manifestations of visual culture, primarily of the modern and contemporary periods. The Guggenheim realizes this mission through exceptional exhibitions, education programs, research initiatives, and publications. The Guggenheim strives to engage and educate an increasingly diverse international audience through its unique network of museums and partnerships. With nearly three million annual visitors worldwide, the Guggenheim and its network is one of the most visited cultural institutions in the world.
- Work collaboratively with members of the Individual Development team to achieve and exceed annual fundraising goals.
- Work closely to support the Senior Major Gift Officer and Senior Director, Individual Development and Campaign on Major Gift and Campaign fundraising requests for support of but not limited to exhibitions, education, conservation and general operations.
- Manage prospect lists, execute solicitation letters and proposal materials, as well as donor reports for Major Gifts’ and Campaign fundraising.
- Oversee the Education Committee and the Learning Through Art Leadership Committee fundraising, and related prospecting, solicitations, renewals, ticket sales, newsletters, as well as event ideation and execution (briefing forms, catering, rentals, A/V, invitations, recording RSVPs, event reminders, facebooks, processing expenses, and budget tracking).
- Participate in bi-weekly Prospect Review.
- Manage a portfolio of donors in the pipeline tied to a revenue goal.
- Interface with Development Operations to process and acknowledge gifts, and maintain and ensure accuracy of donor records, research and reports.
- Perform budget and expense tracking, database record maintenance in Raiser’s Edge, meeting agenda preparation, and other administrative support.
- Assist with providing excellent customer service to current and prospective members via phone, email, and staffing events to develop and deepen relationships with donors.
- Assist the Senior Director, Individual Development and Campaign, and Individual Development team with additional stewardship, program management, and other projects as requested.
- Assist with hiring and training a departmental intern (seasonal)
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree with strong interest in art. Master’s Degree in a related field is a plus.
- 2-4 years of development experience and/or experience in a cultural institution environment required.
- Competent in the planning and implementation of multiple concurrent projects and events.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with volunteer leadership and committees.
- Ability to interact with a wide variety of people within and outside the museum. Professionally represent the institution and its programs across a wide range of circumstances.
- Ideal candidate is personable, highly organized, detail-oriented, and works collaboratively.
- Proficiency in computer applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Raiser’s Edge.
The Guggenheim offers a competitive salary and excellent medical, dental, life, disability, and retirement plan coverage. Our staff also enjoys generous vacation, sick leave and personal days, access to a variety of cultural institutions, discounts to museum stores, and a stimulating and collegial work environment.
The Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, visit: https://theapplicantmanager.com/jobs?pos=NY225