The Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation: Associate, Advancement
The Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum & Foundation is seeking an Associate, Advancement. The Associate will provide administrative and programmatic support to the Deputy Director and Chief Advancement Officer in work overseeing the areas of Individual Development, Corporate Development, Institutional Development, Membership and Annual Fund, Special Events, and Development Operations. The Associate is a key liaison to, and will work closely with, the Director’s Office and departments throughout the Museum and will interact with Trustees and donors.
Founded in 1937, the Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation is dedicated to promoting the understanding and appreciation of art, primarily of the modern and contemporary periods, through exhibitions, education programs, research initiatives, and publications. The Guggenheim network that began in the 1970s when the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, New York, was joined by the Peggy Guggenheim Collection, Venice, has since expanded to include the Guggenheim Museum Bilbao (opened 1997) and the Guggenheim Abu Dhabi (currently in development). Looking to the future, the Guggenheim Foundation continues to forge international collaborations that take contemporary art, architecture, and design beyond the walls of the museum. More information about the foundation can be found at guggenheim.org.
- Work collaboratively with members of the Advancement Department to achieve and exceed annual fundraising goals.
- Assist the Deputy Director with meetings, events, and travel coordination and logistical planning, preparing agendas and itineraries, confidential and time-sensitive correspondence, and tracking RSVPs.
- Coordinate Deputy Director’s calendar.
- Assist Deputy Director in preparing data, budgets, sponsorship tracking, and other similar documentation.
- Work cross-departmentally and across the organization to coordinate events, meetings, documents, essential correspondence, and other department needs as related to the Deputy Director.
- Respond to donor inquiries and other departmental requests.
- Coordinate private tours, private views, and general benefit fulfillment for donors and prospects.
- Support needs and serve as point of contact for Board of Trustees as they relate to the Advancement department and correspond with Board members and assistants.
- Provide front line support at Advancement events, including evenings.
- Compile prospect research and meeting briefings as needed.
- Act as a liaison between The Museum and all major art fairs to coordinate VIP passes for donors and reciprocal VIP events at The Museum.
- Manage mailings for event invitations, exhibition proposals, exhibition catalogues, and travel programs.
- Responsible for data management and integrity, working with the Individual Development, Membership and Annual Fund, Institutional, Corporate, and Development Operations teams to maintain accurate donor records in the database and prospect management systems for reporting purposes.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- B.A. Degree
- 1-3 years of relevant prior work experience
- Exceptional organizational, written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Extremely personable and able to form solid relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong technology skills (MS Excel, PowerPoint; Raiser’s Edge a plus).
- Must be flexible, adaptable, able to work under pressure, and prioritize competing tasks.
The Guggenheim offers a competitive salary and excellent medical, dental, life, disability, and retirement plan coverage. Our staff also enjoys generous vacation, sick leave and personal days, access to a variety of cultural institutions, discounts to museum stores, and a stimulating and collegial work environment.
The Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, visit: https://theapplicantmanager.com/jobs?pos=NY160