The Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation: Assistant to Director
- Manage and maintain the Director’s complex calendar; serve as the central coordinator for appointments and activities with both staff and outside contacts.
- Manage all aspect of the Director’s travel arrangements.
- Answer and place telephone calls on behalf of Director’s Office; obtain information and route calls as appropriate. Screen in-coming mail and bring urgent matters forward.
- Coordinate catering and service arrangements for Director’s Office events.
- Maintain departmental electronic and hardcopy files.
- Ensure order and general up-keep of Director’s Office and boardroom.
- Oversee boardroom calendar and reservations.
- Organize, create, and submit Director’s expense reports; meet with COO to review final reports.
- Arrange VIP visits to the museum both during and after public hours.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum BA and 5+ years of Executive Assistant experience.
- Highly organized with ability to juggle filing and archiving, as well as heavy scheduling.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- A commitment to working with and for non-profit institutions.
- Discreet, diplomatic, and trustworthy when handling sensitive information.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments in a deadline-driven and very fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to DEAI initiatives and work.
- Proficiency with all Microsoft products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Office 365.
The Guggenheim offers a competitive salary and excellent medical, dental, life, disability, and retirement plan coverage. Our staff also enjoys generous vacation, sick leave and personal days, access to a variety of cultural institutions, discounts to museum stores, and a stimulating and collegial work environment.
The Guggenheim is dedicating itself to creating paths that lead to a more inclusive and diverse institution. We encourage inquiries from applicants who will reflect the plurality of our culture and our global audience. The Guggenheim does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin or disability status.
To apply, visit: https://theapplicantmanager.com/jobs?pos=NY268