The Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation: Assistant Manager, Media Arts
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Working independently, under the guidance of the Head of Media Arts, the Assistant Manager, Media Arts will take an active role in supporting the day-to-day directives of their supervisors.
SKILL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in Media Arts at a Cultural Institution
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Excellent attention to detail with ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment a must.
- Ability to be proactive, use independent judgment and initiative.
- Computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist Head of Media Arts with build out for detailed schematics for all Media Arts exhibition elements, at a granular level, for installation by on call crew and for travel
- Work with Head on exhibition development, scheduling, staffing and budgets
- Assist with the development of budgets for all exhibition technology
- Maintain exhibitions currently in public view (7 days a week, public and special VIP hours)
- Coordinate with daily Museum schedule regarding special events, theater, and tours that may conflict with normal show operations
- Manage on call crew during installations and other work functions
- Provide tech support/troubleshooting of exhibitions
- Maintain Multimedia computer network
- Maintain timecard approvals for Multimedia staff
- Maintain equipment inventory
- Coordinate power demands with facilities team
- Assist technology-based consultants on exhibition and other museum-related projects including but not limited to Education, Director’s office, Theater, and Special Events when needed
WORK DEMANDS & ENVIRONMENT:
- Ability to travel within the metropolitan area as required to perform the above duties at any of the Guggenheim’s owned or leased properties upon request in NYC.
- Must be able to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Tasks performed can require to work on ladders.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Occasionally work may be conducted outdoors, exposure to varied weather conditions.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, holidays on occasion.
- Ability to lift at least 25 lbs.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree required
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: n/a
REPORTS TO: Head of Media Arts
LOCATION: 1071 Fifth Avenue New York, NY 10128
WORK SCHEDULE: 40 Hours per Week, Schedule TBD
POSITION TYPE: Full-time, Non-Exempt,
The Guggenheim is dedicating itself to creating paths that lead to a more inclusive and diverse institution. We encourage inquiries from applicants who will reflect the plurality of our culture and our global audience. The Guggenheim does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin or disability status.
To apply, visit: https://theapplicantmanager.com/jobs?pos=NY276