The Shelley & Donald Rubin Foundation: Manager, Events and Communications
The Manager of Events and Communications supports the efforts of the curatorial team and various programs associated with The 8th Floor and the Shelley & Donald Rubin Foundation to maintain The 8th Floor space, create and manage high-level public and private events of varying size and budgets (including exhibition openings, performances, screenings, panel discussions, book launches), manage digital communications (including websites, social media, mass emails, and all other public-facing web-based activities), and liaise with hired PR consultants on behalf of the Foundation and gallery. Other responsibilities include collaboration with external partners, vendors, and the department of buildings, as needed, management and hiring of the hourly staff retained for events and audiovisual work.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Presence during open gallery hours at The 8th Floor
- Organize and manage all event details, logistics, and staffing, maintain archive and budget of all events and activities
- Draft communications materials (eblasts, social media posts, web pages) + maintain social media platforms (Websites, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram)
- Liaise with PR consultants on recommended dates for openings, eblasts, events, ensure PR agency has up to date material
- Maintain the facility between events including cleaning of the space, coordinating with the Director of Collections and the Office Manager to schedule repairs, plumbing, HVAC maintenance, and furniture cleaning and moving. Some light maintenance and/or troubleshooting of facility issues within space may be necessary on occasion.
- 2-3 years of experience in public event production and management
- Self-motivated, proactive, ability to manage budgets and calendars
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with a Center for Disease Control (CDC) or World Health Organization (WHO) authorized vaccine
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with social media and web-based platforms (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Squarespace, Constant Contact)
- Knowledge of AV systems (Projectors, Zoom, Audio/Video Recording devices)
This is a full-time position. Salary is commensurate with experience.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com