The Menil Collection: TMS Assistant (part-time)
Provide support to the Head of TMS Administration in the clean-up and maintenance of data, the training of staff, and general upkeep of the collection management system, The Museum System (TMS).
1. Provide consistent data entry and maintenance of data of object information records.
2. Follow approved museum data entry standards to clean-up information throughout the database.
3. Develop and maintain training documentation to support staff using TMS.
4. Train new museum staff in TMS and assist in providing support to TMS users.
5. Create records that provide an accurate reflection of the objects in the Museum’s care and their history within the Museum with a high level of detail.
6. Special projects as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree required, a B.A. in Art History, Museum Studies or Library Information Systems preferred.
2. Experience with data entry for inventory systems with a background in art history or museums preferred, 1-2 years’ experience required.
3. Experience with TMS is preferred.
4. Experience with end-user support, training, and service.
5. Familiarity with Getty Vocabularies and museum object cataloging standards.
6. Strong organizational skills to effectively work on multiple TMS clean-up projects.
7. Strong attention to detail while doing repetitive TMS data entry tasks.
8. Ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
9. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
10. Must possess high levels of tact and diplomacy and maintain highest standard of confidentiality.
Salary and benefits competitive and commensurate with experience. Please send resume and cover letter with hourly wage expectations to: Human Resources, the Menil Collection, 1511 Branard Street, Houston, Texas 77006.
Application materials may also be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.