The Menil Collection: Membership and Visitor Desk Assistants (Part-time)
Schedule: Wednesday – Sunday. Various shifts are available, working approximately 16 – 24 hours each week.
The Membership and Visitor Desk Assistant is responsible for selling memberships and renewals and assisting members and visitors with information regarding the museum, exhibitions, and events. The Membership and Visitor Desk Assistant is dedicated to providing service to all members and visitors to enhance their museum experience quality.
1. Maintain the highest standards of friendly, helpful, and responsive customer service at all times. Engage patrons to create a positive visitor experience.
2. Communicate well with visitors; remain polite, courteous, and helpful at all times.
3. Welcome visitors upon their arrival at the museum. Encourage visitors who are leaving to visit again.
4. Inform visitors about the Menil’s membership program and contribute to the monthly membership goals by soliciting memberships and donations.
5. Answer visitor questions, inform visitors about the museum, its collection, special exhibitions, programs, and distribute floor plans.
6. Ensure that artwork is protected from handling or touching, and understand all Menil policies and protocols.
7. Field and direct phone calls, take messages, and record automated phone lines monthly.
8. Track visitor attendance by utilizing clicker as visitors enter the museum and maintain the monthly attendance reports.
9. Administer opening and closing procedures as scheduled.
10. Additional duties as assigned.
1. Excellent communication skills, both in-person and over the phone.
2. Warm, outgoing, and professional public presence.
3. The ability to work during the Menil Collection’s operating hours is required, including special events outside of public hour and the character to be punctual and reliable.
4. Superior customer service skills and a desire to make each visitor’s experience memorable.
5. Knowledge of history, art history, or visual arts required.
6. Previous outside sales experience desired.
7. Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
8. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Internet Explorer.
9. Knowledge of Houston area attractions and amenities (restaurants, cultural sites, transportation, etc.)
10. Bilingual skills are desirable.
11. The successful candidate will be required to pass a criminal background check.
How to Apply:
For immediate consideration, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
You also have the option of forwarding your application materials via postal mail to: Human Resources Department The Menil Collection 1511 Branard Street Houston, Texas 77006
The Menil Collection is an Equal Opportunity Employer and seeks diversity in its workforce. The Menil is committed to attracting, retaining, developing, and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.