The Menil Collection: Manager of Individual Giving
Reporting to the Major Gifts Officer, and working closely with other staff members, the Manager of Individual Giving is responsible for cultivating and soliciting individual prospects for gifts of support across all areas of funding for the Menil Collection, including exhibition support, project and program support, patron programs, special events, and planned giving.
1. Contribute to the Menil’s Advancement efforts by managing a portfolio of approximately 150 prospects in various stages of engagement and with interests across the Museum.
2. Develop and execute strategies for the cultivation of new prospects.
3. Identify and qualify prospective donors in collaboration with the Prospect Researcher.
4. Maintain clear communication with staff throughout the Museum concerning prospective and current donors.
5. Attend events in support of the Menil’s Advancement goals.
6. Utilize Raiser’s Edge database, track all donor cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship activities.
7. Serve as an active participant at weekly Prospect Strategy meetings.
8. Work collaboratively with the entire Advancement team to achieve annual goals.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree required. Minimum of three years experience in working with individual donors for a non-profit organization.
2. Proven capabilities in personal solicitation of gifts.
3. Excellent written communication skills.
4. Superior interpersonal and social skills; fluid conversationalist.
5. Ability to be a self-starter, working both independently and as a team player.
6. Ability to exercise discretion and process confidential material.
7. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with Raiser’s Edge software preferred.
8. Availability to work nights and weekends as needed for events or deadlines.
Salary and benefits competitive and commensurate with experience. Please send resume, cover letter, and salary expectations to: Director of Human Resources, The Menil Collection, 1511 Branard Street, Houston, Texas 77006.
Application materials may also be emailed to: email@example.com