The Menil Collection: Library Assistant (part-time)
The Library Assistant supports the essential daily operations of the Menil Library. The Library Assistant maintains the integrity of the collections at the Menil Library.
1. Answer reference questions and assist library users.
2. Maintain library circulations records in the integrated library system.
3. Manage both incoming and outgoing interlibrary loan requests.
4. Process, check-in, and catalog serials.
5. Maintain the physical appearance of the library reading room and staff areas.
6. Shelve and file library materials including books, serials, and auction catalogs.
7. Maintain collections through shelving, shifting, and shelf reading at the Menil Library and at the Menil Drawing Institute.
8. Perform periodic inventories of the library books and periodicals collection.
9. Provide basic cataloging for legacy collections, gifts, and library backlog.
10. Works with Digital Communications Manager on library related social media content.
11. Work on special projects as needed.
1. Library experience in a public, academic, or museum setting required.
2. Knowledge of library cataloging standards (RDA, MARC, AACR, etc.) preferred.
3. Experience with integrated library systems and database management preferred.
4. Bachelor’s degree in the humanities highly preferred.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a resume and cover letter to: Human Resources Department, The Menil Collection, 1511 Branard Street, Houston, Texas 77006. Application materials may also be emailed to: email@example.com.