The Menil Collection: Human Resources Assistant
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Director of Human Resources
The Human Resource Assistant is responsible for administrative support to the Director of Human Resources to facilitate effective and efficient operations of the Human Resources Department. The individual who holds this position assists with efforts related to recruitment and hiring and employee development and compliance. The Human Resources Assistant serves as an approachable and kind advocate for Menil employees while ensuring a smooth flow of information between employees and the Human Resources Department.
1. Perform administrative tasks related to the recruitment and hiring process. This includes, but is not limited to, creating and posting employment vacancies; receiving and acknowledging receipt of job applications; scheduling interviews and assessments; and managing travel arrangements for out-of-town candidates when applicable.
2. Assist with employee development efforts, including coordinating new employee orientation and other onboarding processes; organizing training and professional coaching as needed; assisting with all-staff training and general staff meetings; coordinating the annual performance appraisal process; recording performance, grievance, and disciplinary information.
3. Assist with the offboarding process, including paperwork, notifications to relevant departments (i.e., IT), and exit interviews.
4. Assist with the provision of employee wellness programs and other human resources services.
5. Prepare data collection and data analysis reports for the Human Resources Department, interdepartmental requests, and external requests, including industry surveys.
6. Assist with salary and benefits budget administration and tracking.
7. Respond to inquiries and requests from employees; refer more complex questions to the Director of Human Resources.
8. Promote employee compliance with human resource mandated processes and systems.
9. Monitor adherence to labor laws and employment regulations.
10. Provide clerical support to the Director of Human Resources.
11. Ensure smooth operation of the Human Resources Department.
1. Bachelor’s degree with at least one year relevant experience in Human Resources or equivalent education and experience such as a recent graduate from a related degree program seeking a career in Human Resources.
2. Authentically kind and helpful.
3. Ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters and information and be discreet and tactful in all situations.
4. Outstanding attention to detail and follow-through skills.
5. Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills
6. Commitment to customer service, quality, and collaboration.
7. Experience in performing administrative tasks and processes.
8. Ability to work independently.
9. Strong technical skills and proficiency in MS Office Suite.
The position comes with a comprehensive benefits package that includes paid vacation and sick time, medical and dental insurance, life insurance, AD&D, and LTD coverage. Employees may also participate in the Menil’s 401(k) plan and receive an employer contribution equivalent to 5% of wages earned after one year on the job.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please email your resume and cover letter to Human Resources email@example.com . You also have the option of forwarding your application materials via postal mail to:
Human Resources Department, The Menil Collection, 1511 Branard Street, Houston, Texas 77006
The Menil Collection is an Equal Opportunity Employer and seeks diversity in its workforce. The Menil is committed to attracting, retaining, developing, and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.