The Menil Collection: Conservation Records Administrator (part-time)
The part-time Conservation Records Administrator works closely with the department staff to ensure the completeness and consistency of digital and paper files related to the conservation of the artwork in the collection and on loan to the museum.
1. Upload and link Conservation Department documents to TMS (The Museum System) object information records.
2. Assist conservators with the generation of forms from TMS as well as uploading/downloading reports and forms from cloud servers for processing.
3. Cross-reference object information records across the Conservation Department server, TMS, and hard copy file to ensure consistency.
4. Follow approved museum data entry standards for conservation records related to objects, loans, acquisitions, and exhibitions.
5. Assist conservators and Head of TMS with developing and implementing conservation record priorities and strategies.
6. Assist with the creation of object files.
7. Perform digitization of older records for integration within digital files. 8. Special projects as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree required, a B.A. in Art History, Museum Studies or Library Information Systems preferred.
2. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Photoshop Creative Suite is required.
3. Excellent organization skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize and independently manage workload are essential.
4. Experience with data entry for inventory systems with a background in art history or museums preferred.
5. Strong attention to detail while doing repetitive TMS data entry tasks.
6. Ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
7. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
8. Must possess high levels of tact and diplomacy and maintain highest standard of confidentiality.
Salary and benefits competitive and commensurate with experience.
Please send resume and cover letter with hourly wage expectations to: Human Resources, the Menil Collection, 1511 Branard Street, Houston, Texas 77006.
Application materials may also be emailed to: email@example.com.