The Menil Collection: Assistant to the Director of Advancement
The Assistant to the Director of Advancement provides administrative support and related assistance to the Director of Advancement.
1. Serve as the primary point of contact for the Director of Advancement via telephone, email, and in-person with key internal and external stakeholders.
2. Manage all administrative functions for the Director of Advancement, including drafting written materials, proofreading and editing, record keeping and file maintenance, photocopying, and communications.
3. Coordinate the Director of Advancement’s calendar, prepare for meetings and conferences calls, appointments, and other essential activities.
4. Prepare and disseminate agendas, itineraries and schedules, and correspondence.
5. Prepare expense reports for the Director of Advancement and assist with travel arrangements.
6. Assist in preparing reports and powerpoint presentations for Board meetings and other committee meetings.
7. Update the Director of Advancement’s portfolio and record notes and actions in Raiser’s Edge database.
8. Record minutes at committee meetings and staff meetings, as required.
9. Manage and execute projects as assigned by the Director of Advancement.
10. Perform other duties as assigned, including assistance/attendance at occasional evening events and serve as backup for visitor services desks, gift batching, and cash deposits.
11. Order and distribute office supplies for the Advancement Department, as needed.
12. Maintain attendance records for Advancement team.
1. Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
2. Two or more years of administrative or executive assistant experience preferred.
3. Strong organizational, scheduling, time management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and projects.
4. Proficiency in Microsoft Office. Raiser’s Edge experience a plus.
5. Experience and interest in the visual arts and non-profit functions.
6. Ability to function within tight and constantly changing deadlines.
7. Excellent writing and editing skills.
8. The capacity for discretion and confidentiality is critical.
9. Strong interpersonal skills, poise, and self-confidence.
10. Occasional evening and weekend work required. Salary and benefits competitive and commensurate with experience.
Please send resume, cover letter, and salary expectations to: Director of Human Resources, The Menil Collection, 1511 Branard Street, Houston, Texas 77006.
Application materials may also be emailed to: email@example.com