The Menil Collection: Assistant Network Support Technician
Reporting to the IT Manager, the Assistant Network Support Technician monitors daily network operations and provides general software and hardware support to staff as needed.
1. Provide support to users as requests come in through Help Desk. Solve and document solutions to requests from within the Help Desk system.
2. Install and configure hardware and software components on new and existing computers to ensure usability for the end-user.
3. Assign and deploy Cisco phones.
4. Maintain and repair computer hardware and peripheral devices.
5. Troubleshoot hardware and software issues.
6. Manage and monitor anti-virus and anti-malware software/services on servers and clients.
7. Perform tests and evaluations on new software and hardware.
8. Establish good working relationships with all departments and colleagues.
9. Conduct and monitor daily backup operations.
10. Enforce established Control Policies and update as needed. Additional Duties
11. Perform network cable clean-up and documentation.
12. Recycle old computers, removing HDDs etc.
13. Setup up new computers.
14. Maintain general IT documentation and inventories.
1. Bachelor’s degree.
2. Proven experience as a network technician or relevant position.
3. Outstanding diagnostic, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
4. Good customer service and communication skills.
5. Good knowledge of LAN networks, TCP/IP protocols, and network technologies.
6. Hands-on experience with common client software and hardware.
7. Hands-on experience with Microsoft server and network-level hardware and software.
Knowledge of the following systems is desirable
• Microsoft SharePoint
• Manage Engines – Service Desk Plus, and Desktop Central
• Knowbe4 Security Awareness service
• Microsoft Office products
• Cisco BE 6000 phone system, CUCM
• Cisco Meraki Firewall, switch, and Wi-Fi infrastructure
• Microsoft Office 365
• Trend Micro Worry-Free Business Security anti-virus/anti-malware
• Retrospect backup software • Barracuda appliances – Email Security Gateway, Message Archiver
• Quest Rapid Recovery backup system
• Microsoft SQL server
• Microsoft Exchange server
• Windows servers
• Other software knowledge, e.g., Adobe products
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
You also have the option of forwarding your application materials via postal mail to: Human Resources Department The Menil Collection 1511 Branard Street Houston, Texas 77006
The Menil Collection is an Equal Opportunity Employer and seeks diversity in its workforce. The Menil is committed to attracting, retaining, developing, and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.