The Menil Collection: Administrative Assistant, Accounting/Finance
Provide administrative duties in support of the Menil’s Administration Department, which includes Accounting, Finance, and Rental Real Estate.
1. Represent the Menil and the Administration Office professionally and maintain a positive and productive working relationship with all departments, employees, and Board of Trustee members.
2. Schedule meetings and update departmental calendar and meeting agendas regularly.
3. Schedule travel and lodging for staff in compliance with organizational policies and limits.
4. Perform general office tasks that include, but are not limited to: make coffee, replenish break room and copier supplies, shred documents, order food for meetings/staff events, run workrelated errands, as needed.
5. Prepare daily deposit batches in collaboration with the Advancement Department.
6. Make weekly bank deposits for Rental Real Estate.
7. Perform clerical duties associated with the preparation of wire transfer requests.
8. File documents into physical files and prepare files for archiving purposes.
9. Digitize and maintain files using the most current technology.
10. Support the Menil’s intranet site. Ensure that current forms, policies and procedures, and informational materials are uploaded to the Finance and Accounting Department’s intranet pages.
11. Track, order, and maintain office supplies.
12. Telephone answering duties, as needed.
13. Track and prepare expense reports every month
14. Special projects and other tasks as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of two years prior administrative experience in a non-profit environment preferred.
2. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
3. Keen attention to detail and superior organizational skills.
4. Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
5. Comfort working with numbers, strong work ethic, diligence, and excellent communication skills.
6. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) and Microsoft Outlook. Additional experience with SharePoint, Powerpoint, Adobe, and Photoshop strongly desired.
7. Must possess high levels of tact and diplomacy and maintain the highest standards of discretion and confidentiality.
8. Ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
9. Bilingual (Spanish/English) strongly desired.
Salary and benefits competitive and commensurate with experience. Please send resume and cover letter with salary expectations to Director of Human Resources, The Menil Collection, 1511 Branard Street, Houston, Texas 77006. Application materials may also be emailed to email@example.com