The J. Paul Getty Trust: Patron Program Manager
Reporting to the Director of Development Programs (DoDP), the Patron Program Manager will be responsible for working with the Getty’s Development Department, and in close collaboration with the current Patron Program Manager, to provide administrative and program support for the rapidly growing Getty Patron Program with a specific focus on Patron renewal and acquisition cycles, implementation of Patron events, and donor communications.
Major Job Responsibilities
Donor Acquisition, Renewals, and Stewardship
- Under the supervision of the Director of Development Programs, will play a major role in managing the identification, cultivation, solicitation, renewal, and stewardship of members of the Getty Patron Program.
- Collaboratively manages the acquisition and renewal process, including assisting with renewal letter writing and managing solicitation mailings and email follow up.
- Work with DoDP and fellow Patron Program Manager to cultivate and acquire new Patrons through in-person meetings and events.
- Assist in identifying mid-level donors and major gift prospects by developing leads to drive upgrades within the Patron Program and to support other Getty funding priorities.
- Assist with the creation, communication, and dissemination of solicitation, stewardship, and other communication pieces for Patrons and other donors, including solicitation mailings/emails, special acknowledgments, catalogues, holiday cards, and more.
- Help support online and social media giving efforts and website content maintenance.
- Provide support for and collaborate on planning Patron events and other Development events with pre-event logistics including invitations, invitation lists, recording RSVPs, corresponding with guests, Raiser’s Edge RSVP and guest entry, etc., and night-of-tasks including logistical support and leading registration and check-in.
- Provide rapid response to requests and inquiries from donors and donor prospects, either directly or by routing to the appropriate point of contact.
- Provide fulfillment of all Patron member benefits including Patron parking and Restaurant reservation requests in collaboration with the Development Coordinator/Donor Concierge.
- Regularly track and report data and statistics about the Patron Program, in collaboration with the database management team.
- Generate lists, queries, and reports from Raiser’s Edge, as needed.
- Update donor information in Raiser’s Edge.
- Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree
• 2-3 years of progressive fundraising and development management or equivalent experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic; service mentality and donor-centric approach
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Self-starter who takes initiative; works well in a team and independently
- Excellent writing and effective communications skills essential
- Familiarity with art and cultural institutions is preferred
- Willingness to work on evenings and weekends, including frequent early morning and evening events, as needed
- Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge a plus, and Microsoft Excel and Word required
- Knowledge of graphic design and design software a plus [Adobe, PowerPoint, etc.]
- Ability to lift, stand for long periods, and travel locally as needed
To apply, visit: https://jobs-getty.icims.com/jobs/3588/patron-program-manager/job