The J. Paul Getty Trust: Executive Assistant
Seeking a highly organized professional to serve as Executive Assistant to the Director of the Getty Foundation and oversee day-to-day operations for the director’s office, including complex travel and scheduling arrangements, internal and external communications, and information management. The Executive Assistant serves as a representative of the director while interacting with individuals at all levels of the organization, as well as high-level external contacts, and develops effective working relationships with colleagues across the Getty. In all work, the Executive Assistant manages and accesses confidential material; sensitivity, discretion, professionalism, and sound judgement are required.
Major Job Responsibilities
- A core responsibility is management of a complex executive calendar, which involves competing requests and multiple scheduling priorities.
- The Executive Assistant is responsible for management of information for the director’s office. This entails maintaining records, in all formats, for ease of access and according to institutional records management policies. Work will regularly involve records of enduring value that document the organization’s history; care must be taken to preserve such documents and the intellectual property of the Getty. Additionally, the Executive Assistant will track inquiries received by the director via email, phone, and mail to be sure they are addressed in a timely manner.
- The Executive Assistant is responsible for all aspects of the director’s many and complicated international business travel arrangements. In preparation for the director’s meetings and business trips, the Executive Assistant will compile relevant information and background materials and, following trips, will swiftly prepare accurate expense reports in compliance with Getty policies.
- The Executive Assistant is responsible for development of general communications, on behalf of the director. This includes drafting and proofreading business correspondence to senior and executive-level colleagues inside and outside the organization. The Executive Assistant may also assist in development and preparation of reports, publications, and presentations.
- Additionally, the Executive Assistant is also responsible for the administration of contracts, tracking of the departmental budget, procuring supplies for the director’s office, implementing special projects, as requested by the director, and performing other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 7 years of experience, including demonstrated experience providing executive-level support, are required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal; ability to proofread.
- High level of discretion and exemplary judgment.
- Composed demeanor in a fast-paced work environment.
- Self-motivated, able to anticipate emerging tasks.
- Able to prioritize and balance workload between shifting demands and routine office operations.
- Demonstrated success in planning, organizing, and completing projects.
- Advanced computer skills; must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications. Familiarity with PeopleSoft and Fluxx is helpful.
To apply, visit: https://jobs-getty.icims.com/jobs/3584/executive-assistant/job