The Isamu Noguchi Foundation and Garden Museum: Customer Experience Associate
The Isamu Noguchi Foundation and Garden Museum seeks an enthusiastic full-time Customer Experience Associate for its Akari light sculpture retail operation. This position focuses primarily on customer service via email and phone, with a secondary focus on administrative office work and occasional packing, shipping, and light manual labor. The Customer Experience Associate will keep an up-to-date knowledge on the extensive inventory of light sculptures and all related user information. They will act as the main point of contact for all retail and trade customers, maintaining correspondence through the ordering and shipping process. They will also help with pulling regular sales reports and processing other data, updating website content, writing mailing list updates, doing cycle counts of product, breaking down incoming shipments, and generally helping to keep the warehouse and office space organized. This position reports directly to the Akari & Design Operations Manager and works closely with all Museum retail staff.
The ideal candidate combines a background in customer service and administrative work with an interest in arts and design retail. The Customer Experience Associate should be familiar with the use of ecommerce platforms, Word, and Excel.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Acts as main point of contact for all customer correspondence via email and phone, maintaining communication through delivery of orders.
- Generates quotes and communicates timelines for orders from interior design and architecture trade clients.
- Receives and processes returned orders, inspects for damage and processes refunds.
- Maintains awareness of open orders and inquiries, as well as stock availability and incoming shipments.
- Generates regular sales reports and other data as requested, including processing spreadsheets and packing lists.
- Assists with keeping product content and stock updated on the web store and with generating content for the customer mailing list updates.
- Assists with warehouse tasks as needed, including general cleanliness and organization, cycle counts, packing, unpacking, and year-end inventory.
- Two years customer service or administrative experience.
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills.
- Proficiency in ecommerce platforms, Word, Excel, and Google Suite (Drive, Sheets, Docs). Experience with Shopify and/or Quickbooks a plus.
- Knowledge of lighting design and electrical components a plus.
- Possess the ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Possess accuracy, attention to detail and organization, the ability to prioritize and follow-through.
- Team player who is willing to pitch in on all levels as necessary.
- Can lift 20 to 30 pounds.
The Customer Experience Associate is a full-time position (Monday–Friday, 9 am–5 pm) located in the warehouse office of The Noguchi Museum in Long Island City, Queens. Work is typically performed in an office environment; prolonged periods of sitting, use of computers and standard office equipment required to accomplish work objectives. Benefits include a generous health insurance program, a 403(b) retirement savings plan with company match, and paid time off, as well as other benefits.
Please email cover letter and résumé to email@example.com with the subject line “Customer Experience Associate.” Applications can also be mailed to:
The Noguchi Museum
Customer Experience Associate Position
32-37 Vernon Boulevard
Long Island City, NY 11106