The Georgia O’Keeffe Museum: IT Desktop Specialist
The Desktop Support Specialist plays a vital part in the Information Technology department by providing first response support to staff for daily urgent and routine needs, new hire IT orientation & setup, and immediate desktop support, while assisting with department administration needs, network support, and project goals as available.
The Desktop Support Specialist is responsible for the end user experience as it applies to desktop needs for application use, and data and voice communications.
Primary duties include (but not limited to):
• Provides support of systems for break-fix, install, move, add, change, and preventative maintenance activities.
• Builds and deploys desktop computers.
• Performs other activities including monitoring backups, imaging, patch implementation, incident resolution, account maintenance, password resets, and system upgrades and data migrations.
• Conducts troubleshooting of hardware, software and network issues within the IT systems environment.
• Conducts audio and video setups for public programs and meetings.
• Maintains and/or develops step-by-step procedural documentation.
• Provides IT orientation for new employees.
• Provides training for new and upgraded hardware/software packages.
• Tracks hardware/software inventory.
• Supports business-related smartphone use.
• Provides technical support for remote access solutions.
• May assist in planning and implementing system upgrades and expansion.
• Offers other assistance in IT areas as needed.
• Keeps abreast of functionality of new systems.
• Performs additional duties, either incidental or implied, consistent with the employee’s background or training, which may be reasonably delegated as being in the best interest of the Museum.
Background and Qualifications
• 2+ years of experience providing operating system and standard office application support including installation and troubleshooting/resolution of software related errors.
• 2+ years’ experience in the basics of LAN user setup, administration and security required.
• 1+ years of remote access experience using Remote Desktop, VPN Tunneling, or other related technologies.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Active Directory and LAN/ WAN environments.
• Microsoft certifications a plus. • Working knowledge of OSX, iOS, and Android a plus.
• Technical school graduate or equivalent work experience of two years in the industry.
• Strong working knowledge of PC and laptop hardware replacement and Windows OS required.
Skills and Abilities
• Available to respond to non-business hour emergencies.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent attention to detail.
Benefits This position is eligible for Full time benefits in accordance with Museum Policies.
To be considered, please send your resume to: Jobs@okeeffemuseum.org