The Broad: Director of Information Technology
About the Position
The Director of Information Technology is an experienced, collaborative, and hands-on technology leader who provides both strategic vision and daily tactical support in maintaining and evolving the integrated IT program at The Broad. Reporting to the Deputy Director, the Director of IT is responsible for supporting and maintaining our integrated back-end business systems as well as our visitor-facing technology and the museum’s web presence. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in digital technologies, data, and CRM, and will be able to juggle many competing priorities, executing complex technical projects, often involving multiple internal stakeholders, and maintaining our existing infrastructure with equal skill and aplomb. The Director of IT is a trusted and customer-service focused internal consultant for staff at all levels. This position advises the Deputy Director and Founding Director on technology initiatives and suggests technical solutions to complicated problems that enhance our efficiency and maintain The Broad’s position as a leader in the field.
Key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Develop strong, supportive relationships with staff at all levels
- Oversee all technology operations, including systems and network administration and enterprise application administration
- Manage implementation of a rolling stable of sustainable, innovative IT and digital projects, including schedules, budgets, resources, and internal change management
- Maintain and evolve existing IT infrastructure at a very high standard
- Maintain and continue to build on the museum’s integrated digital ecosystem
- Serve as primary administrator of The Broad’s 360-degree CRM system (Salesforce), ensuring accuracy, data integrity, and implementing changes and enhancements as needed
- Analyze data, run reports, and serve as primary data authority relating to the museum’s operations and KPIs
- Manage IT budget
- Build relationships with and manage external IT vendors and consultants, facilitating contracts, providing oversight, and prioritizing projects
- Maintain backup and disaster recovery plans for all technological infrastructure, including systems and data, monitor, and ensure a high level of IT security and data integrity
- Support technology needs of all departments, ensure efficiency and productivity of staff at all levels, and find creative ways for technology to enhance our internal workflows
- Train staff at all levels to best utilize the systems and tools available to them
- Optimize technology across the organization and streamline workflows across the organization
- Manage the museum’s A/V systems and provide A/V support for special events and programs
- Collaborative and team-oriented
- Highly developed critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Results-oriented and self-motivated
- Open-minded, willing to learn new skills
- Demonstrated success managing the entire spectrum of technology operations
- Experience managing, implementing, and supporting technology in a museum or nonprofit environment preferred but not required
- Demonstrated success managing complex technology projects and implementations
- Thorough knowledge of:
- Office365, Sharepoint, Teams, Microsoft Exchange, and Skype for Business
- Database administration; Salesforce administration experience strongly preferred
- Digital asset management system(s) implementation experience preferred
- Collections management database software; EmbARK experience preferred
- Retail management software; Teamwork Retail experience preferred
- Business intelligence, data analysis, and reporting tools (e.g., Tableau or Power Bi)
- Cloud-based infrastructure platforms, including Microsoft Azure and AWS
- Website administration; Drupal development experience preferred
- Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
- Communications platforms, including enterprise unified messaging
- Knowledge of:
- IP Security, Access Control, and BMS and lighting control systems
- Windows server and VMWare administration
- Network technologies, including switching, routing, firewalls, intrusion detection, and enterprise wireless
Physical abilities to perform all core functions and duties, including the ability to talk; hear; stand; walk; climb; balance; stoop; kneel; crouch; crawl; push; pull; reach; lift up to 30 pounds; manual dexterity including but not limited to the ability to feel, finger, and/or grasp; central and peripheral vision; visual acuity including but not limited to color vision, depth perception, close vision, distance vision, and visual acuity to view a computer monitor; visual acuity to operate a motor vehicle, tools, and/or specialty equipment.
Full-time, Monday through Friday. Office hours are 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Some evening and weekend work is required. On-call for technology emergencies, including weekends.
Competitive and commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, and a comprehensive 401k retirement savings plan.
Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background and reference check. You must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Broad is an equal opportunity employer and we aspire to reflect the diversity of Los Angeles in both our staff and visitors. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We prohibit associational and perception-based harassment and discrimination based on national origin. The Broad believes that by actively building a workforce of the brightest people from the widest possible range of backgrounds, we can innovate and inspire and engage with the widest possible audience.
The statements in this description represent typical elements, criteria, and general work performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the job.