The Broad: Assistant Manager of Retail Operations
About the Position
The Assistant Manager of Retail Operations is responsible for leading the team in all selling and service initiatives and being a top producer in all established KPIs. This role works primarily with the Director and Associate Director of Retail Operations and is focused on leading by example in all areas of sales, service, and client development while providing supervision and feedback to the sales team.
- Leads by example
- Supervises retail staff on the shop floor and delegates workload
- Engage in difficult coaching conversations while maintaining positive momentum
- Greets and assists customers and responds to customer inquiries and any service issues
- Effectively determines client needs and delivers appropriate product information
- Responsible for attaining individual and store monthly sales contribution targets
- Develops a client following through daily outreach and follow up efforts
- Opens and closes registers and ensures daily operational compliance
- Manages stock levels and takes stock inventory
- Arranges displays and cleans up display areas
- Creates a positive, engaging and productive environment for the team
- Performs ad hoc tasks
- Excellent presentation & communication skills
- Confidence in selling & providing a high standard of customer service
- Proven track record of working towards individual & group sales targets
- Experience building long-lasting relationships with clients
- Experience managing a team and analyzing figures
- Working closely with senior managers
- Ability to inspire and lead a team
- Ability to deliver product knowledge
- A minimum of two years of experience working within a luxury or premium brand as a floor manager/assistant
Must be able to stand and move around public areas of the museum for extended periods of time (reasonable accommodation will be made for qualified candidates with disabilities).
Competitive and commensurate with experience.
Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background and reference check, which will include criminal reports as well as verifications of employment and educational records. You must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Broad is an equal opportunity employer and we aspire to reflect the diversity of Los Angeles in both our staff and visitors. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We prohibit associational and perception-based harassment and discrimination based on national origin. The Broad believes that by actively building a workforce of the brightest people from the widest possible range of backgrounds, we can innovate and inspire and engage with the widest possible audience.
The statements in this description represent typical elements, criteria, and general work performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the job.