The Aldrich Contemporary Art Museum: Accountant/Bookkeeper
SCOPE: Responsible for accurate and timely accounting/ bookkeeping functions including A/R, A/P, payroll processing, investment tracking, GL journal entries, annual audit preparation and financial reporting.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Accounts Payable: process incoming invoices; prepare checks for approval and mail out; execute wire transfers; accrue monthly consignment payouts and pay quarterly; monitor operating account to ensure adequate fund balance; prepare monthly cash activity report.
• Accounts Receivable: process bank deposits; prepare monthly Financial Edge/ Raiser’s Edge reconciliation.
• Payroll: process semi-monthly payroll; update monthly salary and benefits allocation worksheet; prepare annual updates including salary, flex spending and cost of health care; maintain payroll records and quarterly/annual payroll tax reports; prepare annual 1099s.
• Investments: maintain account statements; prepare monthly journal entries; update asset valuation spreadsheets; participate in Investment Committee meetings and prepare minutes; prepare reports and analysis as needed.
• General ledger journals: prepare monthly Visa reconciliation and postage journal entries; prepare quarterly A/R and petty cash reconciliations.
• Audit: participate in annual audit with outside auditing firm; review books in advance and prepare materials requested by auditors. Review draft financial statements and 990 prior to filings.
• Internal Reporting: prepare monthly Exhibitions expense allocation by project for forecasting; provide additional support as needed for financial reports to management and the Board of Directors.
• Tax Reporting: prepare quarterly sales tax reports and payments, annual property tax filing, tax exempt forms, and annual 990 (as part of audit).
• Grants: provide budget summaries, reports and transaction journal details to support grant submissions.
• Admin Support: maintain inventory of general office supplies.
• BA in Accounting
• 5 to 7 years accounting experience
• Strong computer skills and extensive experience with Financial Edge, Quickbooks, Excel
• Effective research and internet skills
• Highly organized; self-directed work style
Application Process: Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line: “Accountant”. Qualified candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.