The Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation : Seasonal Sales Associate
The Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum is seeking part-time Seasonal Sales Associates for 20-30 hour weeks, including both weekend days. The Sales Associate position is responsible for providing all guests of the Museum Store with exceptional customer service, while adhering to policies and procedures in order to maximize sales and ensure quality experiences for visitors.
Founded in 1937, the Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation is dedicated to promoting the understanding and appreciation of art, primarily of the modern and contemporary periods, through exhibitions, education programs, research initiatives, and publications. The Guggenheim network that began in the 1970s when the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, New York, was joined by the Peggy Guggenheim Collection, Venice, has since expanded to include the Guggenheim Museum Bilbao (opened 1997) and the Guggenheim Abu Dhabi (currently in development). Looking to the future, the Guggenheim Foundation continues to forge international collaborations that take contemporary art, architecture, and design beyond the walls of the museum. More information about the foundation can be found at guggenheim.org.
There are no direct reports associated with this position.
- Provide exceptional sales assistance by actively engaging customers in the sales process:Approach customers with a friendly greeting, provide an open and approachable presence, and respond to their inquiries in a friendly and professional manner.
- Strive to reach and exceed the stores’ sales goals by recommending products, upselling, and participating in sales contests.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the Store’s products and services to help facilitate and increase sales; promote new items, special discounts and museum Membership.
- Effectively handle high-volume sales and serve multiple customers; adequately operate Point of Sales System (register and mobile devices) using various functions such as cash and credit card transactions, shipping and SKU checks; exercise proper cash handling techniques to avoid overages and shortages; assist managers in investigating discrepancies.
- Maintain an orderly sales floor through daily cleaning and straightening of merchandise and fixtures while placing the needs of customers first.
- Show support for the Store and Museum’s goals by adhering to established policies and procedures; display a positive attitude when interacting with co-workers, staff and customers.
- Provide general orientation to the museum’s exhibitions and facilities; attend pre-exhibition meetings and partake in exhibition tours; complete mandatory reading of emails, memos and press releases.
- Work a flexible schedule including 5 to 10-hour shifts, weekends and holidays, special events and openings.
- Assist with completing periodic counts on store items as well as assist with preparing the store for annual inventory.
Qualifications and Requirements
- BA preferred.
- Proven ability to meet and exceed sales goals in a retail sales environment.
- Knowledge of Art History and/or a foreign language a plus.
- Weekend availability a must.
The Guggenheim offers access to a variety of cultural institutions, discounts to museum stores, and a stimulating and collegial work environment.
The Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, visit: https://theapplicantmanager.com/jobs?pos=NY117