The Saltonstall Foundation for the Arts : 2019 Residency
The Saltonstall Foundation for the Arts offers month-long and two-week-long residencies between May and September at the 200-acre Saltonstall Arts Colony in Ithaca, New York.
There are five artists in each session: one photographer or filmmaker, two writers, and two painters, sculptors or other visual artists. The colony is located in the heart of the beautiful Finger Lakes region of New York.
The summer residency competition is statewide and is open to all New York State residents (including NYC). Former residents are eligible to re-apply every other year.
Ithaca, New York: United States
- Residency Length: 2-4 weeks
- Average number of artists in residence at a time: 5
- Number of artists accepted in most recent year: 25
- Total applicant pool in most current year: 240
- Application type: Open application
- Collaboration: Must apply and be accepted individually
- Geography: Open to US artists
- Additional eligibility information:
Poets, writers, photographers, filmmakers, and other visual artists who are New York State residents are eligible to apply for month-long or two-week-long summer residencies. There are five artists in residence in each session: 1 photographer or filmmaker, 2 writers, and 2 visual artists.
- Application deadline: January 02, January 02, January 02, January 02, January 02, January 02, January 02, January 02, January 02, January 02
- Additional deadline info:Three (3) one-month residencies and two (2) two-week residencies are available from May through September of each year.
Facilities & Services
- Housing: Private bedroom in a shared housing facilityEach artist and writer has a beautful, contemporary private apartment and bath.
- Meals: All/most meals are provided by organizationA gourmet vegetarian supper is served on weeknights and the kitchen is kept stocked with basic supplies so that residents may make other meals for themselves.
- Computer/internet access: Computer and internet connection provided in common area (shared), Wireless Internet
- Accessibility: no
- Studios/special equipment: Painting, Photography (non-digital)
- Additional studio information:
Each apartment has ample working space, including large studios for the visual artists and a black-and-white darkroom for the photographer (if needed.) All apartments include a private bath as well as a balcony or a patio.
- Other facilities and services: Cleaning service, washer/dryer, computer and internet access, and phone are available.