Roy Lichtenstein Foundation: Independent Researcher / Roy Lichtenstein Catalogue Raisonné
The Roy Lichtenstein Foundation has opened a search to hire a part-time, hourly, independent researcher in the New York City region to join a team dedicated to compiling the comprehensive catalogue raisonné of the art of Roy Lichtenstein. This researcher will work under the guidance of the Director of the Roy Lichtenstein Catalogue Raisonné to track and catalogue works by the artist for the forthcoming Catalogue Raisonné; it is the Catalogue Raisonné goal to physically examine every known (non-print) work of the artist. This position offers a flexible working schedule and is expected to last approximately two years. Compensation at the negotiated hourly rate.
– Correspond with private owners, galleries, auction houses and public collections in New York City and throughout the US to track artworks and arrange viewing appointments
– Examine/document artworks following specific guidelines and using research tools provided by the Foundation; take digital pictures for research purposes
– Submit gathered information in a precise and comprehensive way
– Maintain strict confidentiality in all sensitive matters
– Advanced degree in art history
– Experience in object cataloguing and photography for documentation purposes
– Catalogue raisonné experience not required, but knowledge of post-WWII American modern and/or contemporary art necessary
– Resourceful skills for tracking artworks and collectors
– Highly organized and detail-oriented
– Ability to work independently and meet information submittal deadlines
– Excellent communication skills
– Strong interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with the full-time Catalogue Raisonné team and management
To apply, please email your resume, cover letter, and two references to RLCR@lichtensteinfoundation.org and include the position title in the subject line.
Starting Date: May 1, 2020. Open until filled.
The Roy Lichtenstein Foundation follows best employment practices to include the principles of equity, inclusion and diversity.