Robert Rauschenberg Foundation: Residency Manager
Status: Full-Time, Exempt Position
Reporting: Director, Rauschenberg Residency
Salary Grade: Commensurate with experience
Overview: The Rauschenberg Residency/Robert Rauschenberg Foundation seeks to engage a committed, experienced professional as a key member of the Rauschenberg Residency staff. The Residency Manager manages the daily administration of the artist residency program located at the international, multidisciplinary artists’ community in Captiva, Florida. The residency supports 70+ artists and scholars annually through a series of five-week residencies.
The role helps to implement new initiatives to support the strategic direction of the residency program; recommends and then executes long-term goals and objectives for program improvements; oversees artist communications, recordkeeping and archives; liaises with staff to ensure effective and efficient program delivery; manages administration of special programs and events; and manages various financial and general administrative duties.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Pre- and Post-residency Artist Communication
- Oversee contract distribution, transportation needs, orientation, and recordkeeping for all residencies.
- Maintain and update orientation website with relevant information.
- Develop and update documents pertaining to equity, accessibility and incident management issues.
- Ensure logistical coordination in all departments.
- Extract and summarize information from post-residency verbal and written evaluations; report trends and recommendations for improvement to Director and staff; extract content for archives.
- Produce (with Director) and distribute artist alumni newsletters and special event invitations.
- Develop content for and perform updates to Residency page of RRF website, including artist information, photo albums, site history, Chef-in-Residence (CIR) and news
- Develop content for and manage RR Instagram account.
- Oversee petty cash and expense accounts; coordinate vendors’ accounts with RRF financial team.
- Manage administrative office and office supply orders; develop and oversee filing systems; maintain databases and office forms.
- Train CIR in administrative and financial procedures upon arrival.
- Engage and supervise Intern and Residency Assistant in administrative tasks, as needed.
- Provide support for Director when offsite.
- Serve as initial contact for electronic inquiries.
- Maintain digital and hard copy archives for past artists, interns, special events, community outreach, and press.
- Gather photos and manage database of artist and property photos for distribution on RRF website, social media, and PR inquiries.
- Design printed photo books for each residency year.
- Manage RR book library (physical and digital): Label, catalogue, and maintain organizational system for all books on the property.
Community Outreach and Special Events
- Engage with local community to develop ongoing relationships. Research, initiate, and carry out community outreach programming.
- Provide artist transport to community outreach events and weekly shopping trips.
- Liaise with external event organizers and internal staff to manage administration of some special events.
- Manage communication, transportation needs, and orientation of visitors.
Special Projects and Initiatives
- Conceive and develop administrative initiatives that increase efficiency, resolve or address issues, and enhance the residency experience.
- Implement short- or long-term projects that strengthen residency objectives.
Qualifications, Skills & Knowledge Required
- Undergraduate degree.
- 3-5 years of administrative experience.
- Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office programs. Knowledge of HTML/web editing, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Illustrator preferred.
- Creative and innovative self-starter.
- High-level skills in project management, priority setting, and working to results.
- Excellent written and oral communication, research, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with limited supervision, excel at time management, and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- Display a passion and commitment to advancing and nurturing an inclusive, diverse community.
- Capacity to partner and communicate with (verbal and written) diverse audiences and create a welcoming, customer service-focused environment for artists, visitors, and community partners.
- Exhibit diplomacy, discretion, and sound judgment.
- Ability to fluidly move between working independently and as part of a team, which includes a balance between a humble posture of constant learning and working from a place of deep confidence.
- Ability to anticipate obstacles and offer solutions.
- This is a full-time, exempt position in Captiva, Florida.
- The Foundation offers a competitive salary with benefits package.
- Housing is not included.
- Relocation support may be provided.
- While largely sedentary, this position requires the ability to sit, stand, lift up to 20 lbs, as well as speak, and hear, sometimes for extended periods of time.
- Requires the ability to use a computer and office equipment traditionally found in office settings.
- Requires the ability to travel 1-2 times annually.
- Requires valid driver’s license.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Foundation is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity for all employees, including qualified employment applicants. The Foundation strives to maintain an environment free of discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, gender identity/expression and transgender status), familial status, national origin, physical or mental disability (including gender dysphoria and being a certified medical marijuana patient), genetic information (including predisposing genetic characteristics), age, veteran status, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, certain arrest or conviction records, domestic violence victim status, or any other protected characteristic as defined by federal, state, and local law.
Please send cover letter outlining interest and related experience, and résumé by April 20, 2020 to email@example.com.
Questions regarding the position should be sent to the same email address. No phone calls, please.