Robert Rauschenberg Foundation: Executive Assistant
RRF is seeking a self-directed, flexible and experienced Executive Assistant (“EA”) to provide direct assistance to the organization’s Executive Director (“ED”) as well as manage the Directors’ Office as a key member of the administration team. The EA is responsible for the overall effectiveness of communication across the organization as well as with external constituents. Primary responsibilities include prioritizing the ED’s time and initiatives, proactively managing and handling day-to-day operations and communications, overseeing and executing the ED’s research and special projects, and serving as liaison with the Board of Directors.
The EA primarily reports to the ED but also to the Deputy Director (“DD”), and works in close collaboration with the Operations Manager and Administrative Assistant.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop organizational systems for managing, prioritizing, and tracking the ED’s calendar, meetings, and mail
- Planning, booking, and coordinating all travel, including local, for the ED, including detailed itineraries and directions
- Organize and manage DD’s calendar and travel
- Submit monthly expense reports for ED & DD
- Special projects as needed by the DD
- Update ED’s contacts and foundation’s cultivation list
- Prepare ED with materials and research for all meetings and appearances
- Coordinate ED’s day to day priorities with administration staff and other staff as needed
- Handle all Board communication with ED including calls and meetings and prepares agendas for both
- Prepare and track all quarterly Board meeting materials
- Take notes at and prepare minutes from quarterly Board meetings and committee and other calls and meetings
- Organize Artists Council quarterly meetings and events
- General administrative duties as needed, including collaborating with the Operations Manager and Administrative Assistant to organize events, meetings, meals, special initiatives
- Handle all grants administration and research
- Minimum of three – five years’ experience in progressively responsible administrative roles, preferably in arts, cultural, or other non-profit organizations
- Demonstrated interest in contemporary art and culture
- Exceptional judgment, professionalism, and discretion in handling confidential and sensitive situations and matters
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to proactively prioritize and manage time, juggle multiple duties and, and meet deadlines
- Tech savvy with strong computer skills, including high degree of knowledge and proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and social media platforms
- Accessibility and availability to work, as needed, outside of normal business hours in response to urgent and international schedules
- Ability to maintain a highly professional, positive and flexible demeanor with rapid and shifting priorities
- Proven organizational ability, analytical skills, and attention to detail
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in business, arts administration, or related field
- Works well within a small dynamic team in a progressive environment
- While largely sedentary, this position requires the ability to sit, stand, lift up to 25 lbs., as well as speak, and hear, sometimes for extended periods of time.
- Requires the ability to use a computer and office equipment traditionally found in office settings.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
How to Apply:
Please email a cover letter describing your interest and qualifications along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 15, 2019. Include the position title in the subject line. No phone calls please.