Robert Rauschenberg Foundation: Archives Intern (Summer 2020)
STATUS: Part-time, Temporary
LOCATION: Manhattan, New York
REPORTS TO: Director of Archives
The Robert Rauschenberg Foundation is seeking a current or recent MSLIS graduate student for an archives internship. The 12-week internship requires a minimum commitment of 2-3 days a week between May and August 2020. Exact start and finish dates are flexible. Interns will receive $18/hour and academic credit is encouraged and supported.
Under supervision of the Director of Archives and Assistant Archivist, possible projects include:
- Assist with digitization of archival materials and metadata entry
- Create and/or update records in ArchivesSpace
- Create and expand research guides
- Assist with research appointments and other duties as assigned
- Current or recent Master of Science in Library and Information Science student with a specialization in archives
- Knowledge of basic archival principles
- Familiarity with ArchivesSpace or similar database desired
- Knowledge of Rauschenberg and modern art a plus
- Requires ability to sit, stand, speak and hear, sometimes for extended periods of time
- Must be able to safely lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders
How to Apply
If interested, please email a resume, cover letter, and two (2) references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the position title in the subject line. No phone calls.
Application Deadline: Wednesday, April 1, 2020. Applicants are encouraged to apply early. Qualified applicants may be contacted, interviewed, and selected prior to deadline.