The Noguchi Museum : Part-Time Gallery Attendant
The Isamu Noguchi Foundation and Garden Museum seeks a responsible, attentive individual to work at the museum entry desk and galleries. The position reports to the Manager of Visitor Services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet visitors at the Museum entry desk.
- Collect admissions fees and help with directions and general Museum information.
- Answer phone calls to the main phone line and transfer calls, take messages, and assist as necessary.
- Carry out other entry desk projects as requested.
- Walk through galleries in the Museum and assist visitors, enforce museum policies, and provide security.
- Good communication skills and prior experience interacting with the public are necessary.
- Previous museum experience and/or a background in the arts, art history, or museum studies is preferred.
The Gallery Attendant position is part-time, located in The Noguchi Museum in Long Island City, Queens. The current opening is for 1–3 days a week, and applicants must be able to work Sundays. Hours correspond to the Museum’s public schedule, Monday–Friday, 10 am–5 pm, and Saturday–Sunday, 11 am–6 pm.
Please submit your resume and cover letter.