The Noguchi Museum : Part-Time Gallery Attendant
The Isamu Noguchi Foundation and Garden Museum seeks a responsible, attentive individual to work at the museum entry desk and galleries. The position reports to the Manager of Visitor Services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet visitors at the Museum entry desk.
- Collect admissions fees and help with directions and general Museum information.
- Answer phone calls to the main phone line and transfer calls, take messages, and assist as necessary.
- Carry out other entry desk projects as requested.
- Walk through galleries in the Museum and assist visitors, enforce museum policies, and provide security.
- Good communication skills and prior experience interacting with the public are necessary.
- Previous museum experience and/or a background in the arts, art history, or museum studies is preferred.
The Gallery Attendant position is part-time, located in The Noguchi Museum in Long Island City, Queens. The current opening is for 1–3 days a week, and applicants must be able to work Sundays. Hours correspond to the Museum’s public schedule, Monday–Friday, 10 am–5 pm, and Saturday–Sunday, 11 am–6 pm.
Please submit resume and cover letter.