The Niki Charitable Art Foundation : Internship
The Niki Charitable Art Foundation was created by Niki de Saint Phalle and became officially active upon her death. It represents the artist’s personal collection of more than 1,000 sculptures and 5,000 graphic works of art. The Foundation maintains the artwork and archives and holds the intellectual property rights for them. The Foundation acts as a link and point of contact for all projects related to Niki de Saint Phalle.
We are looking for a reliable person who would like to gain experience working in a friendly environment around the art of Niki de Saint Phalle. This is a position with multi-faceted projects within the Archives that are hard to describe but are interesting on various levels. Intern will learn about about management of artist’s Foundations, small archive management, artwork handling, exhibition and transport organization. Upon completion of the internship, the NCAF can provide a written evaluation and/or letter of recommendation.
Junior and Senior undergrads majoring in a related field are welcome to apply.
- Interest in contemporary art and art history
- Engaging, enthusiastic, outgoing, reliable and professional
- Advanced computer skills (Mac preferred) – MS Word/Excel, emailing
- Organizational skills
- Ability to work in a small team and independently on projects
- Ability to manage high-stress periods/projects
- Excellent English and French verbal and writing language skills;
- Ability to lift and carry items up to 25 lbs+
- Valid drivers license
- Upon hiring, must complete background check and fingerprinting
- Office work (filing, data entry, sorting, labeling, answering calls)
- File research / internet research
- Document transcription and translation
- Social media management
Hours: part-time, maximum of 15 hours per week; hours can be flexible
Compensation: $1,200 stipend, evaluation
Location: Santee, 92071
Time: 3 months