Quiz through the World of Art Foundations
To receive the quiz’s answers please pop in your details at the bottom of the page and you will receive them directly in your inbox.
- Which foundation(s) inaugurated a new building in 2021?
A) Bourse de Commerce, Paris, France
B) Amant Foundation, Brooklyn, NY, USA
C) Luma Arles, Arles France
D) All of the above
2) Which foundation’s building was NOT designed by Renzo Piano?
A) Fondation Beyeler, Riehe/Basel, Switzerland
B) Nasher Sculpture Center, Dallas, U.S.A.
C) Langen Foundation, Neuss/Dusseldorf, Germany
D) Centro Botín, Santander, Spain
3) Where would you find the Basil & Elise Goulandris Foundation?
4) In which foundation can you currently visit this exhibition of Afro-American artists?
A) ESMoA, El Segundo, U.S.A.
B) Mori Art Museum, Tokyo, Japan
C) PHI Foundation, Montréal, Canada
D) Museum Dhondt-Dhaenens, Sint-Martens Latem, Belgium
5) Which foundation is this?
A) Fondazione Ratti, Como, Italy
B) Gl Holtegaard, Holte, Denmark
C) Jupiter Artland near Edinburgh, Scotland
D) Fondazione Magnani Rocca, Parma, Italy
6) In which Asian art foundation do you find this work by William Kentridge: ‘The Refusal of Time’ (2012)?
A) UCCA, Beijing, China
B) Nam June Paik Art Center, Seoul, Korea
C) Sifang Art Museum, Nanking, China
D) HE Museum, Beijao, China
7) The building of which foundation is nicknamed ‘The little Versailles of Milan”?
A) Fondazione Augusto Rancilio (FAR)
B) Fondazione Prada
C) Fondazione Carriere
D) Fondazione Rossini
8) When was the Henry Moore Foundation (UK) founded?
9) Which foundation has Artists Residencies in Nigeria?
A) Fondation Montresso, Marrakech, Maroc
B) Foundation Yinka Shonibare, London, UK
C) JCAF, Jo-burg, South Africa
D) Delfina Foundation, London, UK
10) In which art foundation do you only find art that is based on food?
A) Migros Museum für Gegenwartskunst, Zurich, Switzerland
B) LAM, Lisse, the Netherlands
C) Fondation Clement, Le François, Martinique
D) Ritter Museum of the Square, Waldenbuch, Germany
11) Which foundation has Water for its sole curatorial theme?
A) Fondation François Schneider, Wattwiller, France
B) Watermill Center, WaterMill, NY, U.S.A.
C) TBA21, Vienne, Austria
D) Crystal Bridges, Bentonville, AR, U.S.A.
12) Which foundation has the biggest exhibition surface?
A) Fondation Vuiton, Paris, France
B) DIA Beacon, NY, USA
C) Luma Arles, Arles, France
D) Pirelli HangarBicocca, Milan, Italy
13) And finally, name at least four art foundations that you can only reach by boat or helicopter.