Nasher Sculpture Center: Development Operations Coordinator
The Nasher Sculpture Center (Dallas, Texas) is currently seeking collaborative, detail-oriented individual to serve as the museum’s part-time Development Operations Coordinator.
- Reports To: Manager of Development Operations
- Work Closely With: Manager of Member Engagement
- Direct Reports: n/a
About the Nasher Sculpture Center
Located in the Dallas Arts District, the Nasher Sculpture Center is a nonprofit, community-supported museum whose mission is to be an international focal point and catalyst for the study, installation, conservation, and appreciation of modern and contemporary sculpture. Since 2003, more than 2 million people have visited the Nasher’s galleries and garden.
About the Development Operations Coordinator Position
The Development Operations Coordinator will be a vital part of the Nasher’s Development Team. S/he will ensure the accurate, efficient, and effective processing of donations and the security and integrity of the museum’s fundraising data. The Development Operations Coordinator will advise on and adhere to the museum’s data integrity protocol.
- Process all incoming donations in the Nasher’s database and properly maintain supporting records (e.g., paper files, online order receipts, email donation notifications, etc.) related to financial contributions
- Maintain compliance with defined procedures to ensure security of all checks, cash, and credit card information
- Review and update existing individual and organizational database records as part of gift processing; create new individual and organization records when appropriate
- Process matching gift forms and update the database to track corporate matching contributions
- Process, print, and mail development / membership materials
Database Maintenance / Data Integrity and Security
- Coordinate with and assist other departments to ensure accurate data management
- Perform complex constituent data entry (following Nasher Sculpture Center data protocol) with acute attention to detail
- Monitor the database and regularly run data hygiene and duplicate constituent reports in the database, making corrections as needed
- Monitor mail and media for any updated constituent information
- Support the Manager of Development Operations, as needed, on the creation and proofing of database reports and queries
- Assist with Development Operations-related tasks with other members of the Development team
- Assist the Manager of Development Operations in reporting and list management for Nasher Prize activities
- Support the processing of expense invoices on behalf of other members of the Development team
- Provide support for Development special events
- Additional duties as assigned
- Interest in working in a creative / cultural / nonprofit / museum setting and an appreciation for the Nasher’s mission
- One or more years of related / relevant / transferable experience, preferably in data entry, database operations, or data management
- Associate’s degree or comparable work experience
- Experience with CRM / database systems (Blackbaud or Salesforce preferred)
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically with Microsoft Excel
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills
- Professional demeanor, with strong interpersonal skills
- Interest in learning, growing, and problem-solving
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and to treat fundraising / donor information with discretion
This is a part-time position (25 – 29 hours per week) with an approximate starting pay range of $18 – $20 per hour.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Devin Berg, Manager of Development Operations email@example.com
Please reference “Development Operations Coordinator” in the subject line. Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis until the position is filled. Finalists will be asked to provide professional references. A background check will be conducted prior to hiring.
The Nasher is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in the hiring of personnel on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other protected status as provided by law.