Mathaf: Arab Museum of Modern Art : Regsitrar
Full time position.
Role purpose: Provide registrar support across all areas, managing exhibitions projects. Provide administrative support across all areas; manage the financial tracking and administrative systems underpinning the work of the Registrar. Be an expert user of the museum system collection management database (KE EMu), responsible for a substantial amount of data entry, data queries and running reports. Coordinate with QM legal department for loan agreements and contracts.
- Assign loan numbers, generate artwork checklists and acquire CEO approval of all loans
- Oversee data management of loans and exhibition objects in KE EMu
- Execute loan agreements in collaboration with QMA Legal, exhibition developers and project managers, and maintain correspondence with lenders
- Provide up-to-date facilities reports and respond to questions regarding display, security, and environmental conditions
- Ensure that all loan conditions have been met, including environmental conditions, lighting, security, and display.
- Issue insurance certificates to lenders and review incidents of damage or other matters impacting insurance with QMA Legal Department as necessary
- Confirm that proper inbound/outbound shipping and customs documents have been submitted to QMA Logistics
- Ensure that QMA Finance receives and pays invoices from lenders and/or their agents
- Facilitate travel arrangements for couriers/technicians and serve as courier when necessary
- Shipping, Installation, and Maintenance of Exhibitions
- Produce tender documentation and assist Head of Exhibitions in projecting budget for exhibition shipping, installation, de-installation, and insurance.
- Oversee logistics and transportation schedule for the safe and economical transport of objects in close coordination with shippers, lenders, couriers, and customs agents
- Receive shipments, verify packing lists, and complete incoming receipts
- Monitor the loading, unloading, packing, and unpacking of exhibition objects and movement throughout museum venue
- Create and complete detailed condition reports with couriers and/or conservators at unpacking and repacking of artwork
- Create detailed production timelines, installation and de-installation schedules, and movement plans
- Supervise contracted art handler teams for installation/de-installation
- Ensure that digital photographic records of exhibitions objects and packing methods are kept
- With Conservators, record and monitor object conditions and environments
- Coordinate object dispersal at conclusion of loan period
- Serve a member of Emergency Response Committee and provide input on museum disaster plan
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of Register processes and knowledge of Museum standards and procedures
- Masters of Arts Degree in Art History, Museum Studies, Studio Art Library Science or relevant field and/or five (5) years of experience in museum registration or within the fine arts industry
- All educational degrees must be from a regionally accredited institution
- Excellent project management skills
- High level of written and oral communication skills
- Detail oriented with special attention to accuracy
- Ability to be flexible, communicative, and work collaboratively in a team environment
- Excellent knowledge of conservation/preservation practices
- Experience and knowledge of collections management software i.e., File Maker Pro or Ke EMu
- Knowledge of copyright, fair use, and licensing in regards to the visual arts
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evening and weekend assignments
- Experience with finances and financial data
- Thorough knowledge and experience of Microsoft Windows applications, spreadsheets and collection management databases
- Meticulous and mature approach to work
Deadline September 30, 2018
To apply, visit: http://careers.qm.org.qa/node/14340/apply