Martin Parr Foundation: Photographic Bursary
Martin Parr Foundation have launched a photographic bursary to support Black, Asian and minority ethnic photographers in the UK. This bursary coincides with the MPF remit to champion British documentary photography and to support overlooked and emerging photographers.
Each bursary will provide £1,000 to enable a documentary photographer to complete an existing project, or begin a new project. The Foundation will offer mentoring if desired. There are three bursaries available.
As part of the Foundation’s commitment to diversification, each bursary recipient will be asked to donate two prints to the MPF Photographic collection. Martin Parr Foundation will cover the cost of producing those two prints. We ask that the two prints are donated within 12 months of the bursary being received.
Projects will also be showcased on the MPF social media channels.
The funding can be used towards travel or equipment required to complete the project, or towards living expenses while completing the project.
To apply, send 12-15 images in JPEG format and a 250 word project statement to email@example.com by 07 AUG. We will confirm receipt of application within 7 days. Unfortunately we are unable to personally respond to all applicants.
This bursary is intended to support Black, Asian and minority ethnic photographers in the UK.
HOW TO APPLY
– Submit 12-15 images of your work and a project statement via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 07 AUG
– Please give your email heading the following format MPF / BURSARY 2020 / SUBMISSION / YOUR NAME
– Each image must be a JPEG no larger than 1MB
– Please give each image a filename in the following format, beginning with the first image and altering the image number to reflect the order in which you wish the images to be viewed MPF_BURSARY_2020_YOUR NAME_IMAGE-01
– If you are applying to help complete an existing project, please include images you have produced for this project so far
– If you are applying to begin a new project, please include images of your previous work
– The statement should outline the project you intend to use the money towards
– The project statement must be a maximum of 250 words
PANEL OF JUDGES
Bindi Vora / Curator, Autograph
Fiona Rogers / Founder, Firecracker
Martin Parr / Photographer
07 AUG / application deadline
EARLY SEPTEMBER / selected candidates will be announced
Please contact email@example.com if you have any further questions about the bursary.