Magazzino Italian Art Foundation: Magazzino Educational Scholarship 2021
Thank you for your interest in the Magazzino Educational Scholarship. The Cold Spring Chamber of Commerce created this scholarship in partnership with Magazzino Italian Art. The scholarship rewards a high school senior or junior from Philipstown who is dedicated to the visual arts or museum management and who exhibits exemplary community service and entrepreneurship. The 2021 scholarship includes an award of $1,000, to be applied to professional development, and a paid internship at Magazzino in the Visitor Services department, an opportunity normally limited to college-level students. Intern responsibilities will include research and hands-on projects related to the museum’s collection and institutional events.
1. Your contact information and a list of your employment and volunteer activities during your high school years. Include the names of your employers and of the organizations for which you volunteered and what you did for each.
2. A résumé or list of any art studies and art-related extracurricular activities you pursued during your high school years, including organizations where you worked and individuals with whom you studied during these pursuits.
3. A brief essay describing how one of the jobs or volunteer commitments listed in item 1 enriched your life or influenced your career direction. Include in your essay a statement about your relationship to the arts and how they influence your community.
4. Two letters of recommendation, one from an employer or volunteer leader and one from a teacher.
5. Optional: Pictures of up to three works from your art portfolio, or essays you have written on art history or Italian culture, or other examples of your interest in the Italian language, in the history or art of Italy, or in Italian culture more broadly.
Please return your application no later than June 7, 2021, to: email@example.com
The scholarship will be presented at the monthly breakfast meeting of the Cold Spring Chamber of Commerce on June 15, 2021, at 9:30 a.m.
Magazzino Italian Art does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, sex, age, physical or mental disabilities, sexual orientation, or national origin. The scholarship will be awarded on an objective and nondiscriminatory basis.
Candidates with questions about this process should reach out to Juliet Vincente at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Good luck on your application.