Magazzino Italian Art Foundation: Digital Marketing Assistant
Magazzino Italian Art is seeking an experienced individual with prior experience in digital and social management and communications to join our fast-paced team as a Digital Marketing Assistant!
The Digital Marketing Assistant will play a key role in supporting the Head of Communications and Publications, as well as the Director, helping to shape the marketing & digital strategy across all of Magazzino’s online platforms in order to contribute to cultivating and engaging followers and guests.
This position is based out of Magazzino’s NYC midtown office with occasional travel required, as needed, to our Cold Spring, NY museum and research center.
The Digital Marketing Assistant reports directly to both the Head of Communications and Publications and also the Director.
• Work together with the Head of Communications and Publications, Director, as well as our PR teams to create and execute the digital media strategy for Magazzino’s website, social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter), and e-newsletter to communicate seasonal activities, deepen the engagement of existing followers/visitors, and grow new followers;
• Create content required for digital efforts including writing, art and photography selection, following the lead of the supervisors on all visual and design needs;
• Manage the e-newsletter;
• Create and oversee the building of an annual social media content calendar, and the creation and timely roll-out of all social content;
• Build and maintain knowledge in all facets of the organization, including company history, artists, and programming;
• Develop digital storytelling across all digital platforms;
• Ensure all materials meet the highest standards of excellence and comply with Magazzino’s style, message, and goals;
• Research and report on latest digital and media communication trends;
• Maintain an organized archive of work for future reference;
• Assist with other department activities as needed;
• Draft content for social media, in addition to researching and providing suggestions for optimal hashtags;
• Deliver bi-weekly ideas for long-term content and timely content relating to the arts;
• Deliver monthly engagement statistics to the team as an indicator for campaign success;
• Manage and organize digital marketing data for social media platforms and website, creating weekly reports on trends;
• Assist with tracking of incoming print and web press coverage; post to social media channels as appropriate;
• Maintain and update mailing lists;
• Track and archive press coverage;
• Archive and maintain press clippings and press material in the Press Archive;
• Update exhibition/event listings on all relevant public platforms.
Ideal Education, Experience and Competencies:
• Bachelor’s degree in Art History, Marketing, and/or Communications required;
• Minimum of 2+ years’ overseeing digital operations or experience in a similar support role, preferably in the arts;
• Extensive experience in writing (feature, copy, social), copyediting, and proofreading with ability to compose in own voice, as well as that of Magazzino;
• Superior attention to detail, a strong work ethic, the ability to set and manage multiple projects, deadline-driven with excellent time-management skills;
• Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills;
• Proficiency with social media applications & Google Analytics experience;
• Strong knowledge of Adobe Suite, Photoshop, Filemaker Pro is a definite bonus;
• Proven ability to work both independently and cooperatively as part of a team;
• A demonstrated interest in art history or the arts is a must;
• Ability and willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends – must be present for public programs as needed, to assist with visitors, presenters, and/or guests;
• Competent in executing delegated tasks, communicating progress, and proactively undertaking work;
• Italian language skills are not required but are a plus;
• The job is based in New York City but the candidate must be willing to commute to Cold Spring, New York occasionally
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Paula Ciccimarra: email@example.com