Magazzino Italian Art Foundation: Communications Internship – Spring 2020
Magazzino Italian Art Foundation seeks qualified applicants for its Spring 2020 paid internship program.
This internship is a part-time, paid, twelve-week session for undergraduate students. It offers practical training and professional development that connects interns with Magazzino staff and artworks from the Olnick Spanu Collection. A three-month commitment is expected. This is a unique opportunity for students interested in pursuing a career in the art field.
Intern responsibilities include research, administrative tasks, working on digital media strategies, and enhancing the digital and social footprint of Magazzino Italian Art Foundation. The candidate must have some prior experience in digital and social management and communications to join a fast-paced team as a Communications Intern. He/she will play a key role in supporting the Head of Publications and Communication and the Visitor Service Assistant, helping to shape the editorial and social strategy across all of Magazzino’s digital platforms in order to contribute to cultivating and engaging followers.
Applicants must show a strong interest in art-related subjects, demonstrate excellent communication skills and a positive attitude, be open to receiving direction, have great attention to detail and have a flexible schedule, including weekends. Along the course of the internship, knowledge of Magazzino’s mission and collection is expected.
• Work together with the Head of Publications and Communication, as well as the Visitor Services Assistant in the creation and execution of a digital media strategy for Magazzino’s website, social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter), and e-newsletter to communicate seasonal activities, deepen the engagement of existing followers/visitors, and grow new followers.
• Create content required for digital efforts including writing, art and photography selection, following the lead of the supervisors on all visual and design needs.
• Manage the e-newsletter (Mailchimp).
• Create and oversee the building of an annual social media content calendar, and the creation and timely roll-out of all social content.
• Build and maintain knowledge in all facets of the organization, including company history, artists, and programming.
• Develop digital storytelling across all digital platforms.
• Ensure that all materials meet the highest standards of excellence and comply with Magazzino’s style, message, and goals.
• Research and report on the latest digital and media communication trends.
• Maintain an organized archive of work for future reference.
• Assist with other department activities as needed.
• Draft content for social media, in addition to researching and providing suggestions fo
• Interest in Art History, PR, and/or Communications required
• Superior attention to detail, a strong work ethic, the ability to set and manage multiple projects, deadline-driven with excellent time-management skillsr optimal hashtags.
• Deliver monthly engagement statistics to the team as an indicator of campaign success.
• Identify like-minded organizations to engage with.
• Assist with tracking of incoming print and web press coverage as well as archiving.
• Archive and maintain press clippings and press material in the Press Archive.
• Update exhibition/event listings on all relevant public platforms.
• Help with guestlist management as required for events. This includes support with deploying and monitoring RSVPs for events and maintaining detailed guest-list tracking.
• Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills required
• Proficiency with Apple, Word, and social media applications; experience with Adobe Suite and Photoshop
• Proven ability to work both independently and cooperatively as part of a team
• Ability and willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends must be present for public programs as needed, to assist with visitors, presenters, or guests
• Competent in executing delegated tasks, communicating progress, and proactively undertaking work
• Italian language skills are not required but are a plus
To apply, please send Letter of Interest and Resume to: Victoria Jones Director of Visitor Services firstname.lastname@example.org by February 15, 2020