Lafayette Anticipations – Fondation d’entreprise Galeries Lafayette: Internship as a Public Programme Assistant and Cultural Mediator
Description of the Organization
Lafayette Anticipations is a public interest foundation. It brings together the two public interest organizations created by the Galeries Lafayette Group in 2013: the Galeries Lafayette Corporate Foundation and the Mill Family Endowment Fund.
Opened in March 2018, the Fondation Lafayette Anticipations is a venue dedicated to contemporary arts, located in the heart of the Marais in Paris. Its artistic program includes three seasons of exhibitions, three festivals of music, performance and visual arts, as well as numerous events that contribute to enriching its international and multidisciplinary character.
A real place for living and discovery, it offers exhibition and concert spaces, a café-restaurant and a boutique. Unique in its kind, the Foundation also has production and publishing workshops and offers artists exceptional means to produce their works. It is a space open to all, with free access. It also offers a wide range of tours and workshops for the public.
Within Lafayette Anticipations, under the responsibility of Head of Education and Outreach, you will assist the Knowledge Center team (Communication, Publishing and Information Systems, Audiences) in the management of Lafayette Anticipations’ public program and cultural mediation.
The aim of this professional internship is to give you a sense of responsibility and to entrust you with missions in their entirety.
● Assistance in setting up, coordinating and producing the programme for audiences: cultural programme (talks, concerts, performances, workshops…), collaborative projects with artists, projects with specific audiences.
● Assistance with audience follow-up (follow-up of bookings), audience development (canvassing, identification of different types of audience, loyalty programme, audience study) and audience management tools (CRM, Digitick…).
● Assistance in the design (content writing and proofreading), production and development of paper and online mediation tools.
Duration: 6 months – Full-time 35 hours – no work study
Compulsory internship agreement
Description of the desired profile
– Education: Art History / Cultural Mediation / Cultural Programming / Communication / Human Sciences …
– Level of study: Master 1 validated
– Interest in contemporary creation and its production processes, new media, architecture, fashion and design
– Good level of English
– Ability to work in a team, quality of organisation, rigour, interpersonal skills
– Oral and written fluency, ability to analyze, synthesize and adapt
– Autonomy and ability to work on several projects
– Mastery of tourist sites and applications and office automation tools (GoogleSuite, Office pack, Keynote)
– Basic technical knowledge in graphic design, photo retouching, video, post-production (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, iMovie…) can be appreciated.
Description of the experience sought
– Experience in cultural mediation and/or cultural project management
Start Date: September 2020
Deadline for application: August 17, 2020
Proposed Compensation: According to level of study + Advantages: 56% of meal tickets paid for; 75% of transport tickets paid for.
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter written in French to Gilles Baume, Head of Education and Outreach, at email@example.com