Kimbell Art Museum: Outreach Program Facilitator
Part-time employees needed for a new grant-funded outreach program serving Fort Worth ISD schools for the 2019–2020 school year. A team of 3–4 part-time educators will work in pairs to implement high quality, arts-based programs for K–12 students; selected lesson plans feature a variety of flexible discussion, writing, and studio activities inspired by artworks in the Kimbell’s permanent collection, as well as general museum careers.
Positions would be ideal for individuals who are interested in part-time work during the school day; have experience either in a K–12 classroom setting or informal teaching environment; and who have a background in studio art/art education, social studies, and/or English language arts.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Providing dynamic, informative, and student-centered learning experiences that are grade-level appropriate, aligned with state learning objectives (TEKS), and especially incorporate literacy skill-building components (such as phonics, rhyming, and alliterative word games for younger students)
- Working with the education manager to coordinate scheduling and pre-visit communications with school administrators and teachers
- Coordinating with co-facilitators to prepare and transport program materials to schools, as well as setting up and cleaning up.
- Conducting post-program evaluations with students and teachers, and also writing individual reflections designed to support teaching practice
- Maintaining open and clear communications with education manager and other full-time staff members, as needed
- BA, BS, or BFA required. K–12 classroom teaching or museum experience preferred.
- Candidates with backgrounds in art history, social studies, language arts, studio art, or art education are encouraged to apply.
- Excellent time management, communication, and organization skills are essential.
- Energy, enthusiasm, creativity, collaboration, and innovation are key qualities for this position.
- Flexible schedules during the day for the 2019–2020 school year
- Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 40 lbs.
- Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment criminal background and drug screening.