Judd Foundation: Temporary Visitor Services Coordinator
Judd Foundation was created in 1996 by Donald Judd’s last will and testament to maintain and preserve his permanently-installed living and working spaces, libraries and archives in Texas and New York. The Foundation maintains and opens to the public 101 Spring Street, NY, Donald Judd’s home and studio.
For the period of February 25th–July 11th, 2020, Judd Foundation seeks a temporary Visitor Services Coordinator to assist the Visitor Services and Events Manager in administering the expanded opening of 101 Spring Street for guided and self-guided visits. The Coordinator will assist with the management of the Visit Program and the team of Temporary Visitor Services Associates. The role will encompass the general visitor services activities including: greet visitors; sell tickets; maintain the cloakroom; sell and maintain merchandise; and support all visitor services and event activities.
A highly motivated individual with excellent organizational and interpersonal skills is a must. The Coordinator will assist in coordinating the temporary program, representing Judd Foundation to the public, and scheduling and processing visits.
This position is based at 101 Spring Street, SoHo, New York. The Coordinator will report to the Visitor Services and Events Manager.
The temporary position will run from February 25th–July 11th, 2020 at 30-40 hours per week, working Wednesday-Sunday. The weekly work schedule may be subject to change, based on the Visit Program schedule.
- Ensure exceptional customer service in all aspects of the Visit Program.
- Manage visit booking system, OvationTix online ticket software, when on duty.
- Manage Visitor Services Associates, coordinate staffing and interns for the Visit Program, including taking timesheets.
- Compile daily visitor and sales reporting for Senior Staff.
- Ensure efficient processing of any walk-in visitors, onsite bookings and merchandise sales.
- Monitor visits. Be available to assist guides and provide assistance to the public as required.
- Coordinate and assist with the operation of all visitor services activities.
- Field inquiries for access to 101 Spring Street, greet and check-in visitors upon arrival.
- After training, provide back-up coverage of guided visits should artist guides be unavailable.
- Responsible for helping to ensure the safety of visitors, including coordination of access for those with special needs.
- Responsible for helping to ensure the safety of the collection, including monitoring of the exhibition space and the collection.
- Maintain the cleanliness and appearance of the ground floor exhibition space of 101 Spring St.
- 1-2 years of visitor service experience for an art institution (preferred) or comparable customer service / retail experience, including the management of staff.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and an ability to interact well with a wide range of people and personalities at all levels.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, organization and the ability to perform administrative duties efficiently.
- Interest in modern and contemporary art.
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with online ticketing and scheduling software, and development databases (eTapestry) preferred.
- Competitive hourly pay.
- Judd Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter. No phone calls, please. Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered. Due to the number of submissions, only applicants selected to be interviewed will be contacted.
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Temporary Visitor Services Coordinator” in the subject line.