Judd Foundation: Temporary Visitor Services Associate, Part-Time
Judd Foundation was created in 1996 by Donald Judd’s last will and testament to maintain and preserve his permanently-installed living and working spaces, libraries and archives in Texas and New York. The Foundation maintains and opens to the public 101 Spring Street, NY, Donald Judd’s home and studio.
For the period of February 25th–July 11th, 2020, Judd Foundation seeks temporary Visitor Services Associates to assist in the expanded opening of 101 Spring Street. The Associates will assist with a range of visitor services activities including: greet visitors; sell tickets; maintain the cloakroom; sell and maintain merchandise; and support general visitor services and event activities.
Highly motivated individuals with excellent interpersonal skills are a must. The Associates will represent Judd Foundation and provide a high quality of visitor service.
The Associates will be available to work Friday and Saturdays, 10:30am-6:00pm and also will be available for afternoon work 1:00pm-6:00pm Tuesday-Sunday. Opportunities for event work, in the morning and evenings, may also be available during the temporary period.
This position is based at 101 Spring Street, in SoHo, New York. The Associates will report to the Visitor Services Coordinator and Visitor Services and Events Manager. The position is a temporary, part-time post, paid hourly. The weekly work schedule will be subject to change, based on the Visit Program schedule and availability.
- Ensure exceptional customer service in all aspects of the Visit Program.
- Work with Judd Foundation’s online ticketing system, OvationTix, to sell tickets and confirm reservations.
- Field inquiries, greet and check-in visitors upon arrival.
- Sell merchandise and operate cloakroom.
- Monitor visitors, and be available to assist guides and provide assistance to the public as required.
- Responsible for helping to ensure the safety of visitors, including coordination of access for those with special needs.
- Responsible for helping to ensure the safety of the collection, including monitoring of the exhibition space and the collection.
- Maintain the cleanliness and appearance of the ground floor exhibition space of 101 Spring St.
- 1-year visitor service experience for an art institution (preferred) or customer service/retail experience, dealing directly with the public.
- Good interpersonal skills and an ability to interact well with a wide range of people.
- Excellent attention to detail, and well organized.
- Interest in modern and contemporary art.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with online ticketing/scheduling software beneficial.
- Competitive hourly pay.
- Judd Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter. No phone calls, please. Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered. Due to the number of submissions, only applicants selected to be interviewed will be contacted.
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Temporary Visitor Services Associate” in the subject line.