The Barnes Foundation : Event Assistant
Description: The Barnes Foundation is seeking a part-time Event Assistant. The Event Assistant will execute client events from set-up to break down.
We’re committed to diversity and equal opportunity in our recruitment and hiring. Highly qualified candidates of all backgrounds are welcome and encouraged to apply for this position.
Established in 1922 as an educational institution, the Barnes Foundation carries out its mission by promoting appreciation of the arts and horticultural science, through the preservation, presentation, and interpretation of the collections of Albert C. and Laura L. Barnes.
Celebrated for its exceptional breadth, depth, and quality, the Barnes Foundation’s art collection includes works by some of the greatest European and American masters of impressionism, post-impressionist, and early modern art, as well as African sculpture, Pennsylvania German decorative arts, Native American textiles, metalwork, and more.
The Barnes Foundation engages diverse audiences through its exceptional collections and high-quality programs that reflect a broad range of periods and cultures and build on the founders’ innovative educational vision of transforming lives through the arts and horticulture.
- Assists the Event department with external clients, public programs and internal events coordinating logistics, set-up arrangements, and special requirements (i.e. catering, audio visual, general operations, décor and entertainment).
- Serves as a liaison for external vendors and internal staff including catering staff, docents, security, volunteers, gift shop, entertainment, etc.
- Maintains safety and security of guests and the facility.
- Uses and encourages high levels of customer service.
- Reports on events’ success via an event report that is distributed.
- Must be willing and able to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated record of event coordination and/or customer service. They are resourceful, have excellent communication skills, organized, a good problem solver and are comfortable advocating for the facility above all else.
Skills and Knowledge:
- High School Diploma, college degree preferred
- Must be Client/Customer Service oriented, preferably with experience in a hospitality or special events venue
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Sharp attention to detail with strong organizational skills
- Ability to organize details with minimal supervision
- Ability to work collaboratively with various departments
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to manage the workload for multiple clients simultaneously
Competitive Benefits Include: Flexible spending accounts; 403(b) with matching contributions; Employee Assistance Program; as well as paid vacation and sick time.
Please include a cover letter and an updated resume with your application.
The Barnes Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we’re committed to diversity and equal opportunity in our recruitment and hiring. Qualified candidates of all backgrounds are welcome and encouraged to apply for this position. Employees have rights under other laws including, but not limited to, the Family and Medical Leave Act and the Employee Polygraph Protection Act. We participate in E-Verify.