CUE Art Foundation : Programs Assistant
Who we are: CUE Art Foundation is a 15-year-old, New York-based visual arts center dedicated to creating essential career and educational opportunities for emerging and under-recognized artists of all ages. Through a range of programs, CUE provides artists and audiences with sustaining and meaningful experiences and resources.
Education and Professional Development
• Manage the CUE Teens art education program, including program recruitment, project budget management, and artist teacher assistance as needed.
• Provide support for Meeting Artists’ Needs workshops and events, including outreach and RSVPs, assisting with events, and ongoing research and development of the programs.
• Coordinate the annual Open Calls for solo exhibitions and curatorial projects.
• Assist with exhibition catalogue production and maintain the production schedule.
• Assist with exhibition install logistics, packing and shipping oversight, and attendance at opening receptions/programs.
Art Writing Program
• Coordinate the Art Critic Mentoring Program (ACMP), including outreach, screening applications, and recruiting new writers.
• Maintain CUE’s website, write press releases and coordinate e-mail announcements, produce social media content, and document exhibitions and programs in various media (photo, audio, video).
• Process contracts, invoices, payments and expenses; manage front desk reception; maintain exhibition and office spaces and supplies; support Executive Director and staff for the annual benefit and fundraising initiatives as needed.
• A successful candidate will be resourceful, open-minded, extremely organized and detail-oriented
• A positive attitude and the ability to manage multiple projects at one time
• Willingness to work collaboratively and respond creatively to challenges • Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• A BA or BFA in a relevant field and knowledge of the contemporary art world
• Knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign, Squarespace, Salesforce, and social media platforms is preferred
• Prior experience with art handling and exhibition installation is preferred
WORK HOURS: Tuesday – Saturday, 9.30am – 5.30pm with occasional additional hours for events and openings.
To apply, please submit your application (resume, cover letter, and any other work samples).