The Noguchi Museum : Digital Content Production Assistant (Part-Time)
The Noguchi Museum seeks an experienced Digital Content Production Assistant (Part-Time) to support the Communications and Archives departments. The position will be primarily based on-site at The Noguchi Museum in Long Island City, Queens, approximately 15-20 hours/week. Some remote work is also possible.
This position reports to the Digital Communications and Graphic Design Manager and Museum Archivist, and is initially focused on content production, data uploads, and digital imaging for the Museum’s forthcoming new websites and collections database currently in development. Expertise in digital image corrections in Photoshop, preparing assets for the web, and experience using content management systems (ex. WordPress, Collective Access) are essential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare image assets for web: color correction, cropping, spot retouching, using non-destructive editing process and acute sensitivity to detail
- Batch upload and add metadata to digital assets
- Edit content and build articles in WordPress CMS (basic HTML skills strongly preferred)
- Organize digital asset folder systems as needed
- Assist with other digital content creation as needed, ex. email newsletters, evites, social media
- Expertise in Adobe Photoshop and preparing images for web
- At least 2–3 years of graphic design, digital production, and/or digital archives experience in a comparable environment
- Strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Strong research skills
- An impeccable work ethic and ability to work efficiently
- Possess accuracy, attention to detail, the ability to prioritize and follow-through
- Team player with a collaborative ethos
- HTML/CSS skills strongly preferred
- Interests in Isamu Noguchi, design, and digital storytelling strongly preferred
The position is part-time and located in The Noguchi Museum in Long Island City, Queens. Work is typically performed in an office environment; prolonged periods of sitting, use of computers and standard office equipment required to accomplish work objectives. The hourly wage is $20/hour, approximately 15-20 hours and not to exceed 29 hours weekly. Business hours are 5 days a week, 9 am–5 pm, Monday–Friday.
About the Isamu Noguchi Foundation and Garden Museum
The Noguchi Museum – chartered as The Isamu Noguchi Foundation and Garden Museum – was founded and designed by acclaimed artist Isamu Noguchi (1904–1988) for the display of his life’s work. Opened in 1985 and located in Long Island City, Queens in a converted industrial building, the Museum is considered to be one of Noguchi’s greatest works. Today, the mission of the Museum is to advance the understanding and appreciation of Noguchi’s art and legacy. It manages the world’s most extensive collection of Noguchi’s sculptures, works on paper, architectural models, and designs, in addition to his complete archives. The Museum is also home to the Isamu Noguchi Catalogue Raisonné. Through its rich collection, exhibitions, and programming, the Museum facilitates scholarship and learning for audiences of all ages and backgrounds.
The Noguchi Museum is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other criterion specified by federal, state or local laws, in the administration of its employment policy.
To apply, please submit a résumé and cover letter in PDF format.